Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

30 Mile Bike Cue Sheet
CREATED: 05/27/10 by tgrollman REPLIES: 8
tgrollman's ravatar tgrollman    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 229
30 Mile Bike Cue Sheet
POSTED: 5/27/10 10:48 AM

Does anyone have a good course for a 30-40 mile bike ride out of DC that is mostly flat, but includes some climbs?

Thanks.

Tania.

ecrandlemire's ravatar ecrandlemire    JOINED: 4/13/10    POSTS: 63
RE: 30 Mile Bike Cue Sheet
POSTED: 5/27/10 11:24 AM

Tania:

Where are you coming from in DC? If you are looking for a weekend ride, Rock Creek Parkway is closed from Military Road north and you can get a good circuit of 40 miles. Also, taking Canal Road out of DC towards Great Falls Park is a good 30-35 miles with a good climb up to GFP.

POSTED: 5/27/10 11:38 AM

I'm coming from the Columbia Heights area. Do you happen to have a cue sheet??

Thanks!

hppeabody's ravatar hppeabody    JOINED: 9/17/09    POSTS: 193
POSTED: 5/27/10 12:49 PM

I have a cue sheet for a nice ride from georgetown out toward Poolesville -- its 33 miles I think. I really like the course, though I really wouldn't call it flat, but also not unreasonably hilly-- a few nice climbs and a few really nice downhills too. I ride in Rock creek a bit because thats right by my apt, but I like this one a lot better. I'll email u the cue sheet.

H

KingsPoint2001's ravatar KingsPoint2001    JOINED: 11/2/09    POSTS: 99
POSTED: 5/27/10 2:12 PM

Could I get a copy of the cue sheet too? Always looking for a new route and I keep hearing about poolesville.

peteconnor at gmail dot com

garydean's ravatar garydean    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 47
POSTED: 5/27/10 4:44 PM

A great 32 mile ride is Glen Echo to Seneca Rd. The mostly regular Sat ride from DC picks up that route, so you can either use that cue sheet, map out route from your house (or where you start), or start at Glen Echo. I personally recommend the latter as from Glen Echo on you are pretty much mostly out of stop and go city traffic. The route qualifies as including some hill climbs -- I find it to be an excellent triathlon training route.

Here is a gmapspedometer link to the route, just turn around at Seneca: http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=1103007

Semper Tri,
Gary

POSTED: 5/28/10 9:06 AM

Thanks everyone!

Gary, I can't seem to find that cue sheet. Any idea where its located or any of the Saturday riders on here have a copy?

Thanks and happy Friday!!!

KingsPoint2001's ravatar KingsPoint2001    JOINED: 11/2/09    POSTS: 99
POSTED: 5/28/10 9:13 AM

I'm actually doing the ride with a friend from Glen Echo Park to at least the T, Seneca Rd, Saturday at 930 should it not be raining. It's 32 miles like Gary said. Avg Pace around 17-18. There are some good hills to climb and down hills are fun getting into the mid 30s.

Pete

garydean's ravatar garydean    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 47
POSTED: 5/28/10 6:51 PM

Tania,
I don't see the cue sheets that I thought once were posted on this site's Train -- Cue Sheets page. The regular Sat ride, however, usually goes by Glen Echo from the city on, I believe, this route: http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=2865377

All things considered, I think it is worth it to drive to Glen Echo and thereby avoid city riding.

Also, I personally prefer and would recommend the route I sent vice the Glen Echo cue sheet routes on the Train -- Cue Sheets page.

Good luck,
Gary

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria