Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Skyline Drive Ride - Saturday July 2nd
CREATED: 06/29/11 by bcfrank REPLIES: 18
bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 897
Skyline Drive Ride - Saturday July 2nd
POSTED: 6/29/11 9:13 AM

A group of us are going out to Skyline Drive this coming Saturday (July 2nd) to get in a ride. There are some doing an out and back on the drive. A few of us are looking to do a 110 loop that loops back outside of the park in the flatter terrain. There are some looking to do a 60-80 loop if possible. So all distances are welcome. All speeds are welcome.

It looks like the typical DC Tri meeting place is Spelunkers in Front Royal about 1/2 mile from the park entrance. Park in the back and on the side street so we don't take up all their parking but there's plenty of spots. Makes for a fantastic frozen custard, shake, ice cream place reward after the ride (copied from Adam).

Clip in time is 730AM. It's going to be a hot day and some of us have to run afterward, so we want to get started early.

Anyone is welcome to join us. You can post here if you want us to look out for you.

Bryan

janiehayes    JOINED: 5/16/09    POSTS: 30
RE: Skyline Drive Ride - Saturday July 2nd
POSTED: 6/29/11 2:07 PM

I'll be there with a few other crazies. I am aiming for 50 out and 50 back on Skyline Drive, if anyone else is into that brand of torture.

ballstoncyclist's ravatar ballstoncyclist    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 490
POSTED: 6/29/11 2:15 PM

In for Bryan's 110 Loop + 10 on my own + run + food

NOT in for Janie's craziness. 50 out and 50 back on Skyline broke my little body and soul last time I attempted it.

Leaving from Ballston and can take one person + bike.

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1655
POSTED: 6/30/11 9:34 AM

Hmm. Always wanted to do the Blue Ridge ride. Did a similar, 100-mile ride further south, on Blue Ridge parkway, earlier this week. Beautiful, challenging riding. Will mull the 60-80 miler.

...Nope,doing Carrie's W&OD ride instead.

PamS's ravatar PamS    JOINED: 1/26/10    POSTS: 345
POSTED: 6/30/11 10:24 AM

In for 50 @ 15-17 pace. Yay Spelunkers, sounds tasty :) I'll probably start closer to 8/8:30ish unless someone wants to ride with me and start earlier.

PamS's ravatar PamS    JOINED: 1/26/10    POSTS: 345
POSTED: 6/30/11 10:27 AM

In for 50 @ 15-17 pace. Yay Spelunkers, sounds tasty :) I'll probably start closer to 8/8:30ish unless someone wants to ride with me and start earlier.

jorlie's ravatar jorlie    JOINED: 11/19/10    POSTS: 55
POSTED: 6/30/11 1:03 PM

I was planning on going out there with my family a bit later on Sat. My plan was for them to drive me out to Front Royal and meet up with them at Big Meadows.

@Janie-is your group going to Big meadows and back? b/c I can do the out leg with you guys.

Does anybody have an extra space for me and my bike? I'm in Alexandria, interested in heading out with the 7:30 group. That would allow me to have some extra spare time for late afternoon pony rides with the kids. My wife could meet us at Big meadows and I can possibly coordinate to have some goodies for us when we arrive before the brave souls turn around.

Let me know--Jorlie

POSTED: 6/30/11 1:04 PM

I was planning on going out there with my family a bit later on Sat. My plan was for them to drive me out to Front Royal and meet up with them at Big Meadows.

@Janie-is your group going to Big meadows and back? b/c I can do the out leg with you guys.

Does anybody have an extra space for me and my bike? I'm in Alexandria, interested in heading out with the 7:30 group. That would allow me to have some extra spare time for late afternoon pony rides with the kids. My wife could meet us at Big meadows and I can possibly coordinate to have some goodies for us when we arrive before the brave souls turn around.

Let me know--Jorlie

POSTED: 6/30/11 1:05 PM

Let me know--Jorlie

POSTED: 6/30/11 1:05 PM

Let me know--Jorlie

HolliMarie's ravatar HolliMarie    JOINED: 6/21/11    POSTS: 143
POSTED: 7/01/11 12:31 PM

I am thinking about joining in for 50-60 and run after. I live in foggy bottom, does anyone have room for 1 person + bike?

kmwpro's ravatar kmwpro    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 257
POSTED: 7/01/11 3:40 PM

IN and looking forward to some grilled cheeses. Yes, that's plural. See you guys at 730am at the park entrance.

bsull184's ravatar bsull184    JOINED: 2/6/10    POSTS: 283
POSTED: 7/01/11 4:17 PM

Going to try to meet up with you guys at the start, but sleeping in also sounds appealing. Planning on going my own pace out and back for 50-60 miles total.

-Brian

slowtwitchva's ravatar slowtwitchva    JOINED: 2/18/10    POSTS: 200
POSTED: 7/01/11 7:08 PM

I'm in for 50 miles at a moderate pace.

jbrez's ravatar jbrez    JOINED: 1/30/11    POSTS: 243
POSTED: 7/01/11 7:52 PM

I'm in for 60-80.

HolliMarie's ravatar HolliMarie    JOINED: 6/21/11    POSTS: 143
POSTED: 7/01/11 8:22 PM

I'm in for 50-60.

kag7324    JOINED: 5/5/11    POSTS: 14
POSTED: 7/01/11 11:44 PM

Late to the party, but I'll see you all in the am!

K

jimmyb's ravatar jimmyb    JOINED: 8/10/10    POSTS: 4
POSTED: 7/02/11 5:36 AM

It is really early, but I can't WAIT to get out there and ride. Just don't drop me on the hillz

bsull184's ravatar bsull184    JOINED: 2/6/10    POSTS: 283
POSTED: 7/02/11 2:56 PM

That's the kind of ride that will grow some hair on your chest. Which probably is a bad thing if you are a woman. Or a male triathlete trying to stay slick in the water. In fact, let's just forget that saying and call the ride "tough".

Got in late, missed you guys rolling out, and just rode solo. Probably saw a few of you at various stops, but no one I recognized. When I was on my way back to the entrance I spotted Jimmy, Janie and someone else and yelled. Turned around to chase them but quickly realized they were going uphill while I was on a nice deserved downhill, so I turned around and kept my own way back.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria