Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

transistion bags
CREATED: 11/09/09 by triterp REPLIES: 7
triterp    JOINED: 8/20/09    POSTS: 23
transistion bags
POSTED: 11/09/09 9:35 PM

My current tri bag is just a big bag that recently took it's lumps with the airlines so I'm in the market for a tri specific bag that I can also use as a travel bag. There aren't a whole lot of reviews but Rocket Science and Zipp seem to be good choices.
Any reviews and/or advice is much appreciated. Thank you.

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1267
RE: transistion bags
POSTED: 11/09/09 11:21 PM

I have the below bag. I've used it for a bunch of 70.3 races. The bag is big enough to store everything that you need. There is an extra section at the bottom of the bag for wetsuit or to extend it bigger. I've never had the need to do that. Unlike a tradition bag where it looks like a backpack, this bag opens up entirely and can be laid down like a towel when you unzip everything. It has straps like a backpack so you can wear it while ridding your bike.

I love the bag and you can't beat the price.

http://www.sbrshop.com/store/product.php?pyid=sgt-0026&n=SBR-Transition-Bag

lisalisadc's ravatar lisalisadc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 423
POSTED: 11/10/09 10:10 AM

I have an older Zoot transition bag. It's pretty jumbo but in a good way. The one below is a little smaller and more like a daypack. I pack it for weekend races and up to 2 weeks vacation. Lots of pockets. Mine has a zipped/sealed wet bag for the wetsuit.

http://www.sbrshop.com/store/product.php?pyid=rtb-0010&n=Zoot--Z-Pack-Training-Bag

vatriathlete    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 682
POSTED: 11/10/09 10:38 AM

the original triathlon bag that came out years ago before all of the bags by sbr and all the other companies.

http://www.runnersbag.com/products.asp

i use the original one and its served me well for the past 8 years and still using it.

suzkinsky's ravatar suzkinsky    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 121
POSTED: 11/10/09 2:20 PM

I bought the Speedo bag for swimming and then discovered that it worked perfectly as a transition bag. I can fit my wetsuit, shoes, clothes, water bottles, and food in the main pocket and still have the three mesh pockets leftover for other gear. Plus the bag comes with two straps that can hold your wet towel (or bike pump).

Mine isn't exactly like this, but similar.
http://www.swimmersmall.com/secure/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=829&idcategory=72

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 686
POSTED: 11/10/09 2:33 PM

Gor mine from Rocket Science on line. They advertise in Triathlete Magazine and you can Google them and it will come up. I like the bag as it has a place for everything and I still have not figured out what all the little pockets and zippers are for - place for wetsuit - dry clothes - wet clothes - labelled swim compartment - running compartment - bike compartment - transition mat included - bike helmet storage - cell phone attachment - really anything you can think of. The bag is really sturdy and made for airline use. It does get a bit heavy when packed but has hip buckle, chest buckle as well as shoulder straps to distribute the weight.

merlinkim's ravatar merlinkim    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 285
POSTED: 11/10/09 2:49 PM

I just use a panel-loading backpack I had lying around from LLBean (that they don't make anymore, or else i'd provide a link). It's about 2500-3000 cubic inches, and has enough pockets for stuff, water bottle holsters, attachment points for helmet/pump, etc. And it was much cheaper than the tri-specific bags that were out there. Other than a changing mat and a separate compartment for wet stuff (which could be duplicated with a kitchen-sized garbage bag), I'm not sure there's a lot more bang for the buck with Zoot, Zipp, etc. Whatever works for you. I see milk crates and 5-gallon buckets all the time too, and in some cases, those are the best way to go.

triterp    JOINED: 8/20/09    POSTS: 23
POSTED: 11/11/09 9:01 PM

Thanks for all of your suggestions, I appreciate it!

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria