Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

CREATED: 07/16/10 by trithis73 REPLIES: 11
trithis73's ravatar trithis73    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 525
POSTED: 7/16/10 1:12 PM

I know there is a tread on this, but I want to spark this up again.

We have the opprotunityto compete and possibly take home the Nation Club Championship Title. I looked at the last tread and notice we have about 30 people, but are missing some of our big guns. If we show up with some backing we can really kick some butt. This is Myrtle Beach, it's pratcially in our back yard, not to mention we can all have an AWESOME time hanging on the beach and enjoying the sun and fun.

Don't forget we get points for all the races that weekend, so you can do the Half Iron distance, Olympic Distance or the Sprint Distance and we get club points.

I really do hope we show up there with a huge DC Tri Style showing. I look forward to getting out there and throwing down with the rest of you.

jameswilson's ravatar jameswilson    JOINED: 4/11/10    POSTS: 91
RE: SIGN UP FOR NATIONAL CLUB CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!
POSTED: 7/16/10 4:16 PM

I think I'll be singing up this evening when I get home from work. It's 3 weeks after Nations.

What are most people doing? Driving down Friday and back Sunday? The race hotel is full, but I was thinking about getting a room at the Sheraton, since that's where I normally stay for work travel. But if anyone knows of any deals...

adilks    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 290
POSTED: 7/16/10 4:57 PM

Keep your eyes posted for a survey regarding logistics for the Myrtle Beach weekend. We will have a block of cheap condo rooms reserved Horizon on 77th and are also looking into a other ways to help get everyone down there for a very fun weekend. Keep in mind that there is mandatory bike racking on Friday so it probably makes sense to head down on Thursday and return on Sunday.

eric guzmanaalv's ravatar eric guzmanaalv    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 140
POSTED: 7/16/10 5:08 PM

Are the cheap condo rooms in ther horizon have been reserved or we are waiting on it. I havent book anything pending on this reservation

Please let us know when is official

POSTED: 7/16/10 5:12 PM

I have some rooms reserved now but am waiting for the discount code. We'll provide information for hotel rooms and transportion once we get the survey out. Hopefully by the end of next week we'll have some more info.

eric guzmanaalv's ravatar eric guzmanaalv    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 140
POSTED: 7/16/10 5:17 PM

Thanks

trithis73's ravatar trithis73    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 525
POSTED: 7/16/10 6:21 PM

James..... THAT's THE SPIRIT!!!!

I am using Nation's Tri as a tuning Tri for the bad intentions I have for the race course in Myrtle. Can't wait to see you out there and cheer you on.

Mark

POSTED: 7/16/10 7:37 PM

I'm in, just finished the registration.

3 weeks between the races won't be enough time to improve fitness, but at least it will let me know how fast to set my paces.

peeps1076's ravatar peeps1076    JOINED: 11/10/09    POSTS: 24
POSTED: 7/17/10 4:19 PM

How does the scoring work? I'd like to come down and do the olympic or sprint if it helps the club...but not sure if we only get points for competing in the HIM...I'm weighing this against sideline passes to the UVA/FSU game in Charlottesville...

bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 897
POSTED: 7/17/10 6:42 PM

As Mark mentioned in the original post, you get points for all races (sprint, Oly, and HIM).

POSTED: 7/17/10 7:24 PM

Everyone who finishes a race gets 1 point for their team. Doesn't matter if it is Sprint, Oly or HIM. 10th place in each age group gets 2 points, all the way up to 11 points for 1st place.

POSTED: 7/22/10 10:43 AM

The Myrtle Beach survey is up under Buzz. Please take a minute to fill it out so we can start planning.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria