Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Ironman Utah?
CREATED: 12/29/09 by lanfeartx REPLIES: 4
lanfeartx's ravatar lanfeartx    JOINED: 12/28/09    POSTS: 3
Ironman Utah?
POSTED: 12/29/09 7:57 PM

Anyone training for the Ironman in St. George, Utah this coming May? I'm new to the area and the club. Doing my first Ironman (and first tri). Would love to find training partners or just some company on the century rides for the upcoming race....

Aileen

karlaj's ravatar karlaj    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 201
RE: Ironman Utah?
POSTED: 12/29/09 9:12 PM

Wow, as in, St. George will be your first tri??? That early in the season? -Jason

POSTED: 12/29/09 9:25 PM

Yes, my first tri is an Ironman, thinking back now, that was kinda a stupid decision. :)

And yes, it is early in the season, but I have friends in California doing the same Ironman. So, really just signed up because they did, but training doesn't workout too well in the DC area.

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1285
POSTED: 12/29/09 10:02 PM

You have my ultimate respect. That's what I called a belief in your game ... a swagger in your steps :)

I had the same game plan for my first Ironman before I realized that I couldn't swim :) Looking back, I kinda wished that the Ironman was my first tri. Good luck with your training. The experience will be incredible for you multiply that by 100x since it's your first tri.

Tuan

POSTED: 12/30/09 5:34 AM

Thanks! I'm not sure how much "belief" I have in my game anymore. Since signing up in August, I've realized that I can't really swim or bike. My snail pace swim and bike may not get me across the finish line by midnight. Think I have some serious issues to work out between now and May 1. :)

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria