Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Conte's Ladies Only Event
CREATED: 09/21/09 by nicoleshue REPLIES: 3
nicoleshue's ravatar nicoleshue    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 136
Conte's Ladies Only Event
POSTED: 9/21/09 12:44 PM

We are having a women's only event on Sunday, September 27th that you don't want to miss. We have the pleasure of having three time mountain bike 24-hour solo World Champion and three time USA cycling ultra endurance series winner, Rebecca Rush (www.rebeccarush.com), at the Conte's Arlington store to lead us on a ride and host a clinic. No need to be intimidated, Rebecca is an amazing lady with a wealth of knowledge that she is willing to share with all of us.
We will start off the morning at 9:00 a.m. with a no drop group road ride. Rebecca will share some tips on the ride and we will go over to one of the hills in Arlington and hold a quick hill clinic. We will then return to the store by 10:30 a.m. for some bagels, beverages and a mini clinic on training, nutrition for cycling and getting the most out of your time on the bike, along with a Q&A. No questions are off-limits. Keep in mind that this is not race oriented, it is for anyone who likes to ride a bike and wants to get fit.
When: September 27, 2009
Time: 9:00 a.m. - Group Road Ride (please arrive by 8:45 a.m., so that we can roll out at 9 am)
10:30 a.m. - Clinic
Where: Conte's Bicycles in Arlington
3924 Wilson Boulevard
Arlington, VA 22203

The good stuff: Rebecca is sponsored by Specialized, so we will have some great give away items from Specialized for you to win.
Please send an email to JodyLBennett@gmail.com to RSVP. Don't forget your bike and helmet.
Please check our website (www.contesbikestores.com) next week for any last minute details.

lisalisadc's ravatar lisalisadc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 423
RE: Conte's Ladies Only Event
POSTED: 10/13/09 12:43 PM

Hello,

Did anyone make it to this event? I am writing an article on Rebecca Rusch and sadly had to miss the clinic. If you did make it, I'd love to hear about the clinic as Rebecca is a cool and talented chic! My e-mail: kildaylisa at yahoo dot com

Lisa
http://www.examiner.com/x-19867-DC-Sports-Travel-Examiner?showbio

lisalisadc's ravatar lisalisadc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 423
POSTED: 10/21/09 7:38 PM

BUMP!

Did anyone attend this clinic? I'd like some feedback for an article.

thx

nicoleshue's ravatar nicoleshue    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 136
POSTED: 10/22/09 9:43 AM

Maybe talk to Jody? I was unfortunately out of town.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria