Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Trisuits and Wetsuits in DC area?
CREATED: 04/25/09 by queequeg9800 REPLIES: 4
queequeg9800    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 21
Trisuits and Wetsuits in DC area?
POSTED: 4/25/09 10:32 AM

Could anyone make a recommendation for somewhere in the Montgomery County or DC area that sells trisuits and wetsuits? I've heard of Conte's, but haven't been there yet (planning to go). Are there any other options?

Thank you!

Robert

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1263
RE: Trisuits and Wetsuits in DC area?
POSTED: 4/25/09 1:02 PM

Bonzai, a partner of DCTri, has the biggest wetsuit selection that I've seen anywhere in the area. They are in Fairfax. If I were looking for a wetsuit, a visit to Bonzai is a must. Conte has good selection also but Bonzai has more.

Also try Hudson Trail Outfitter in Gaithersburg. It's an outlet store for Hudson Trail Outfitter. The rest of the stores are normal stores. They usually have Zoot on heavy discounts ... but only Zoot. It's the top of the line Zoot so they are still expensive with the discount but you won't find a cheaper version anywhere in the DC area or hard pressed to find a cheaper on on the internet.

For tri suits, try Conte, Bonzai, and Performance bike in Rockville. You can try out sizes and styles at Performance bike but buying it online will save you a bundle.

Tuan

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1653
POSTED: 4/25/09 3:08 PM

Budget's a big factor. Suits can run from c. $125 to over $600. If you're on the lower end, you might tri products like Body Glove through the Web. I've worn since '03 that I got for a reasonable price.

POSTED: 4/25/09 7:16 PM

Thanks for the suggestions! I appreciate it---very helpful.

POSTED: 5/11/09 10:20 AM

I drove to Bonzai from Montgomery County on Saturday and it was really worth the trip. Amazing inventory of bikes, and a wide selection of wetsuits, trisuits and all sorts of other triathlon bling. Unusually helpful and friendly staff.

Best of all, the wetsuit I could afford didn't seem to fit me comfortably, and just for the hell of it, I tried on one that I knew I couldn't afford, which of course felt great. One of their staff (Darren) knew a lot about wetsuits and was very understanding----he finessed a series of discounts so that I was able to buy a top-of-the-line wetsuit for only slightly more than a midlevel suit: a very nice surprise. Then he gave me a further discount on my trisuit and other items.

Wow---great consumer experience! I'm convinced. I appreciate Bonzai's effort on my behalf---as someone new to Triathlons, I needed all the help I could get, and they were awesome.

The other staff person I talked to told me that the guy who helped is really named Dustin, but apparently his stage name is Darren...

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria