DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Power Meter Advice
CREATED: 02/17/10 by tdn9999 REPLIES: 2
tdn9999's ravatar tdn9999    JOINED: 7/16/09    POSTS: 49
Power Meter Advice
POSTED: 2/17/10 4:01 PM

Hey Team,

Wonder if this is a worthy product and has it helped many of you? I was recommended the following http://prostores4.megawebservers.com/isportwest_com/-strse-iBike-Sport/Categories.bok which I hoped there was a more fiscally sound solution out there.

Any thoughts?

merlinkim's ravatar merlinkim    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 295
RE: Power Meter Advice
POSTED: 2/17/10 4:16 PM

At Last Saturday's NTP bike-buying clinic at Conte's in Bethesda, I was talking with one of the sales staff, and he raved about his.

The iBike doesn't measure force applied to the crank or rear wheel, instead it estimates power based on how fast you're going, so if you ride on the hoods, than in the drops, then suck someone's wheel, then unzip your jacket, those could affect the iBike's readings. With a SRM/Powertap/Cinqo, those things won't affect the power readings. Whether or not this variability affects your buying decision is up to you.

I'm using a Powertap and have been very happy with it (the Garmin 310xt I'm using with it, not so much), but can see the attraction, given the price differential.

nbehappy's ravatar nbehappy    JOINED: 5/23/09    POSTS: 135
RE: Power Meter Advice
POSTED: 2/17/10 4:48 PM

how is that a wattage meter? it looks like a souped up odo.
i.e., what is it measuring besides velocity?

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria