Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

IM Louisville August 29th
CREATED: 02/17/10 by crlberry REPLIES: 18
crlberry    JOINED: 1/30/10    POSTS: 5
IM Louisville August 29th
POSTED: 2/17/10 8:44 PM

Is anyone local going for Louisville this year? Its my first Ironman, I could use some company (im new to DC Tri club, this year).

bkennedy    JOINED: 10/13/09    POSTS: 1
RE: IM Louisville August 29th
POSTED: 2/18/10 9:02 AM

Hey there,

I'm signed up to IM Louisville this year. I'm new to the club and looking for some company once it gets a bit warmer out. This is my first Iron-distance race too.

Brian

legalmoose's ravatar legalmoose    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 222
POSTED: 5/26/10 1:21 PM

Reviving this thread for 2010 now that it's warming up.

I'm also doing IM Louisville for my first IM this year. Would be interested in doing some long rides with folks on Saturdays once we get past the DC Triathlon on the 20th. Given the race course it would seem that the hillier the bike training the better. :)

IM Canada is the same weekend and also prominently features a hill or two (Richter pass anyone?), so if anyone is doing that one we could coordinate some long rides for both IMs over the summer.

Will

crobles's ravatar crobles    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 30
POSTED: 5/26/10 1:34 PM

I'm also doing IM Louisville as my first IM and would love people to do those long workouts with :-)

~Cristina

POSTED: 5/30/10 11:31 AM

Great. I'm actually following Don Finks 30 week programme. I think Im about a week behind. My longer rides are saturdays (currently about 4 hours getting longer with QC transitions to 45 min runs). I'd be up for riding with anyone, I'm not particularly fast.

jomwilli's ravatar jomwilli    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 21
POSTED: 7/22/10 5:01 PM

I'm doing Louisville this year too. Hit me up if you need a riding partner for those long rides on the weekend.
I'm about a 18-19 mph pace.

-Joshua

POSTED: 7/26/10 2:13 PM

Anyone interested in a long ride this weekend (~6 hrs)? not super fast...usually 16-18 mph here followed by a 45 minute run?

I usually like to drive somewhere and do more of a scenic route (I don't know about you but I'm sick of looking at the same scenery lol) and I have a car so I'm mainly just looking for someone else who wants to come along

Let me know!

swaziland.heels "at" gmail.com

Thanks!

~Cristina

POSTED: 7/26/10 2:14 PM

and by weekend i mean saturday morning lol

DoggyBrown's ravatar DoggyBrown    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 137
POSTED: 7/26/10 3:30 PM

I never dissuade anyone from training on hills. It's the best way to go, regardless of what you're training for, imo.

But that said, I did Louisville last year, and it's not the hilliest course out there. The best approximation of the hills is river road. Maybe not even that steep. It's long rollers with very few turns. Have fun -- it's a great race.

Oh, and line up SUPER early for the start. I got there at like 6 a.m. and was waaaay back toward the back of the line--which meant swimming around a lot of people.

Happy to give more course advice if you need it.

PHil

bad ford's ravatar bad ford    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 184
POSTED: 7/26/10 8:08 PM

As a counterpoint to Phil, who is fast on the bike and good at swimming -- I am a slowish biker and a middle of the pack swimmer.

I thought the Louisville course was somewhat hilly and I was comfortable starting at 0730 because nobody was swimming over me. Don't start too late if you expect to take more than 15 hours. They don't give you time past midnight.

como    JOINED: 7/22/10    POSTS: 4
POSTED: 7/26/10 8:39 PM

Cristina (and others),

I'm in the area for a few weeks, visiting from Columbia, MO. My IM race is a few weeks after yours, but I'd love to join you for a long ride/run Sat if possible.

I don't have a car, so had ruled this one out, but if you're up for a bit of a hike, there's a supported century in Harrisonburg, VA, on Sat: http://ourcommunityplace.org/bikefest/

I'd be up for a local route, too. Really, anything would be fine with me; I'd just be grateful for the company.

Jessica
jljohnson922@gmail.com

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1061
POSTED: 7/26/10 10:18 PM

Badford, I hate to correct you about Phil, but that guy is not only fast on the bike, but he is a kick a$$ swimmer too. Also, he knows a thing or two about running.

Phil, I'd love to hear a little info about this course. Not sure if I'd be up for Luv'ille in '11, but mayb in 2012.

bad ford's ravatar bad ford    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 184
POSTED: 7/26/10 10:30 PM

Yup, he finished a full four hours ahead of me. Ugh!

POSTED: 7/27/10 9:52 PM

I'm up for a long ride/run on saturday.

Happy to car pool. I have racks etc.

charles@globalberry.com

mancala's ravatar mancala    JOINED: 4/22/09    POSTS: 20
POSTED: 8/10/10 6:01 PM

I'm doing it this year, it will be my first Ironman too.

Adrian

kajlau's ravatar kajlau    JOINED: 7/10/10    POSTS: 68
POSTED: 8/10/10 10:35 PM

Yeah....me too. First Ironman in Louisville - sounds like it's going to be a dctriclub party ;-) good advise on the swimming - I heard the line is long... just a week's more of hard work and then taking it easy...

amacos's ravatar amacos    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 157
POSTED: 8/10/10 10:57 PM

Hey Adrian and Kajlau!

We actually have a group of DC Tri members who are doing IM Louisville! Send me a quick e-mail when you get a chance at amacos@gmail.com so we can add you guys to the list! Cheers!

Adriana

legalmoose's ravatar legalmoose    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 222
POSTED: 8/20/10 12:03 PM

Race numbers are up. 1812 here (easy to remember!).

Will

kev7's ravatar kev7    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 459
POSTED: 8/27/10 1:37 PM

Good luck to everyone racing Louisville this weekend. I'll be sending cool thoughts your way!

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria