Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Intermediate Swim Classes in Arlington?
CREATED: 11/10/09 by appleseed REPLIES: 3
appleseed's ravatar appleseed    JOINED: 11/5/09    POSTS: 20
Intermediate Swim Classes in Arlington?
POSTED: 11/10/09 12:55 PM

I've just got the Triathlon bug and am trying to prep for a Sprint next year. I'm good on the Biking and can survive the running but the swimming has me worried. I can do a forward crawl and can manage about 2 laps (My breathing technique is what I learned when I was a kid). Any recommendations on where I can go for swim classes (either group or private depending on price).

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 708
RE: Intermediate Swim Classes in Arlington?
POSTED: 11/10/09 2:36 PM

Old Town Tri Club is offering a free swim clinic at Mt. Vernon Rec next Saturday at 9am. Mt Vernon Rec is right off of the GW Parkway in Fairfax. Googel Old Town Tri Club and you can find the info there.

I also have a coach that sends me workouts on a weekly basis by email for a monthly fee. He comes down to DC area 2-3 times a year for in person lessons. Coach is originally from here but relocated to Boston area last year. He used to coach for the Potomac Marlins. You might try and call some of the local swim clubs (Marlins, Curl Burke) and see if any of their coaches will give private swim sessions.

appleseed's ravatar appleseed    JOINED: 11/5/09    POSTS: 20
POSTED: 11/12/09 7:38 AM

I'll check into the free swim clinic, Thanks.

rcole's ravatar rcole    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 50
POSTED: 11/12/09 4:56 PM

Does anyone know if CUBU is doing a winter freestyle stroke improvement clinic?

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria