Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Carpool to Bike Virginia, need mechanic recommendation
CREATED: 06/14/09 by clcohen REPLIES: 4
clcohen's ravatar clcohen    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 99
Carpool to Bike Virginia, need mechanic recommendation
POSTED: 6/14/09 11:58 AM

My car is making some noises, and I'm scared to drive it. I'm looking for two things:

1. A ride share to Bike Virginia. I am taking off Fri through Wed, and can meet anywhere on metro. I live in Pentagon City. I'm happy to fill up your gas tank and am generally agreeable.

2. I need a recommendation for a good mechanic. Anywhere in the DC metro area.
thanks!

Carol
clcohen at gmail

adilks    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 290
RE: Carpool to Bike Virginia, need mechanic recommendation
POSTED: 6/14/09 3:46 PM

I always take my car to Tony's Auto Service in Alexandria, walking distance to the Braddock Metro stop and also near Mt Vernon Trail.
They are always very friendly and fair. When I ask for an oil change, they change the oil without giving me a list of other things that need to be fixed.

http://local.yahoo.com/info-12698872-tony-s-auto-service-alexandria?csz=Alexandria%2C+VA

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1786
POSTED: 6/14/09 7:38 PM

Going west on Duke St. from Old Town, the first gas station on the left after crossing Telegraph Rd., a Shell station I believe, has prompt, honest, and inexpensive mechanics.

postie    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 46
POSTED: 6/15/09 9:15 AM

I'm not sure where you live, but here are three honest and reasonably priced mechanics. I've lived and worked in various parts of the city and all serviced my Hondas and friends' cars for years.

Lee Lex Service Center - located in North Arlington about 1 mile from Falls Church East Metro and W & OD trail.
http://leelex.com/
703-534-5797

Distad's Amoco - walking distance from Eastern Mkt Metro
823 Pennsylvania Ave SE
(between S 8th St & S D St)
Washington, DC 20003
(202) 543-0200

Ernie's - located just off the Capitol Crescent Trail
5200 River Rd
Bethesda, MD 20816-1403
(301) 656-1246

clcohen's ravatar clcohen    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 99
POSTED: 6/16/09 3:37 PM

Thanks a lot for the recommendations. I went with Tony's - he got good reviews and is close by. He's replacing all the belts for $200...I expected the damage to be closer to $1G. Plus, I get my coche back tomorrow. Sweet!
thanks again,
Carol

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria