Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New forum group - Masters Swim Program
CREATED: 10/07/11 by rtroll REPLIES: 5
rtroll's ravatar rtroll    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 505
New forum group - Masters Swim Program
POSTED: 10/07/11 2:05 PM

This is the new forum group that will be used by the DC Tri Masters Swim Program. More information about the program is here:

http://www.dctriclub.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=Train.Swim_Program

HolliMarie's ravatar HolliMarie    JOINED: 6/21/11    POSTS: 201
RE: New forum group - Masters Swim Program
POSTED: 10/12/11 10:47 AM

Hey! Sorry to have been MIA the past few practices. I work Mon and Wed until 8:15. Next week my schedule changes so I should be good to go. See y'all on Friday (unless my last patient cancels today ;) ).

kweningj    JOINED: 6/1/11    POSTS: 4
POSTED: 10/12/11 10:57 AM

I could really use this program, the swim is definitely my weakest by far. But I think I'm going to keep swimming on my own for the next couple of months to build up endurance before I worry too much on technique.

I was curious though, do you have an idea on when the next quarter's training will begin? So I can keep my eye open to sign up when it comes around.

Thanks,

John

miataj's ravatar miataj    JOINED: 3/5/11    POSTS: 65
POSTED: 10/12/11 11:59 AM

Hi John,

That's perfectly fine. We do have a group in practice that focuses on quality sets and workouts, designed by WaveOne, which are specifically geared to build your endurance for the swim portions of your tri races. You're more than welcome to try that group out tonight if you'd like.

Being that this is a pilot program, we will determine later on in the quarter if the program will continue. This will be based on a number of factors including participant retention, facility cooperation, resources, etc. Our hope, of course, is to build the program up as time goes on though. The first quarter of this program concludes on December 31, 2011. The second quarter would begin in early January, so be on the lookout for second quarter updates in mid to late December.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Jule Miata

Sharonkoby    JOINED: 6/27/11    POSTS: 4
POSTED: 10/12/11 6:26 PM

I am stuck at work tonight. Ugh! See ya'll on Friday!

nemelton    JOINED: 4/16/11    POSTS: 17
POSTED: 10/12/11 6:42 PM

Just officially signed up but won't be able to make it to practices till next Monday or so. See you then!

Noelle

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria