DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New to the club in Silver Spring!
CREATED: 02/01/11 by singingjo REPLIES: 2
singingjo's ravatar singingjo    JOINED: 1/31/11    POSTS: 11
New to the club in Silver Spring!
POSTED: 2/01/11 12:22 AM

Hello Clubmates!

My name is Jo and I'm 26. I moved to Silver Spring last summer, but I just joined the DC tri club. I was part of the tri training club at my university in grad school, but now that I've moved I have no one to train with down here. I can't wait to meet new people and make new friends and training partners!

I've been addicted to triathlon since I first swam on a relay team two years ago. I've done several sprint distances and one olympic distance race. I've been on the podium for my age group twice now, and I have mostly raced in smaller local races in Delaware and Maryland. I love the race series put on Piranha Sports, they're great people. I've also just started running seriously and finished my first half marathon in December. This season I'm currently signed up for two sprints, one olympic (The Washington DC Tri in June) and hopefully I'll complete my first half-ironman in September.

I swim here at my apartment complex during the summer and at the Silver Spring YMCA the rest of the year. I do a lot of my biking and running in Rock Creek Park and on the parkway trails, as well as some further up North in Laural, MD. It feels a bit more like home up there, since I moved here from rural areas in DE and PA.

Anyway, can't wait to make some friends and if anyone near Silver Spring wants a training partner, please please give me a shout! I'm tired of training alone!

-Jo

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1737
RE: New to the club in Silver Spring!
POSTED: 2/01/11 9:53 AM

Welcome aboard, sounds like you've a great background.

Excellent way to meet DCTriers is the happy hours. There's a regional HH in Bethesda tonight, BTW.

laineym3's ravatar laineym3    JOINED: 7/2/10    POSTS: 122
RE: New to the club in Silver Spring!
POSTED: 2/01/11 9:56 AM

HH is Thursday!

Ed, need a drink much? :)

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria