Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

2009-2010 USAT National Challenge Competition
CREATED: 11/10/09 by sandyc REPLIES: 10
sandyc's ravatar sandyc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 288
2009-2010 USAT National Challenge Competition
POSTED: 11/10/09 6:57 PM

The leaves are falling...it's dark by 5PM...it sure feels like the off-season! Sure, we worked hard all spring, summer, and fall and we deserve this hard-earned rest. But don't forget that the next tri season will be upon us before we know it, and soon it will be time to get back into our favorite spandex outfits and hit the pools and pavement again. Will you be ready?? Well, have no fear, the answer is here - the USAT National Challenge Competition!

Do you want to help DC Tri Club dominate the NCC club rankings? Do you need a challenge to help you burn off all the extra holiday "fun"? Just looking for a little healthy competition and want to see how your training mileage stacks up against others? Learn more about the NCC and how to sign-up here:

http://www.dctriclub.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=Learn.buzz&id=383

Sign-up now! USAT National Club Challenge
POSTED: 11/24/09 11:23 AM

As our minds turn to turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes & gravy, pies, and other holiday treats, don't forget to sign-up for the USAT National Challenge Competition by Nov 30th! All you have to do to participate is:

• Register by sending an email to DCTriNCC@gmail.com with your name, USAT number (you must be a current member), DOB, and address
  • Swim/bike/run during the months of Dec/Jan/Feb
  • Log your miles (starting on Dec 1st) and email them (by the end of each month) to DCTriNCC@gmail.com

Each month will have a specific discipline as it's focus with a benchmark number of miles as the prize goal for the first team to reach the benchmark, however all monthly mileage accrued for all disciplines counts. What does that mean? It means that if you are like me, and probably won't touch a pool until the month of Feb/Mar, but still plan on running/biking through the winter, you can still participate in the challenge and help the club accrue miles towards the race for highest overall combined mileage. Treadmill and bike trainer/stationary bike/spin bike miles definitely count!!

We start logging mileage on Dec 1st, so don't delay and sign-up now!

tgrollman's ravatar tgrollman    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 225
RE: 2009-2010 USAT National Challenge Competition
POSTED: 11/24/09 11:33 AM

Hey Sandy,

I'm interested in doing this, but with my IM this Sunday I don't see myself logging too many training miles the first couple weeks of December. Would it be a waste if I signed up, but did not start logging until the second week in December?

Thanks,
Tania.

tgrollman@yahoo.com

POSTED: 11/24/09 11:46 AM

Tania - All mileage accrued counts (no matter how much or how little), and we are not limited to the number of club members participating, so it definitely would not be a waste to sign-up. The more, the merrier! Good luck in Cozumel!!

tgrollman's ravatar tgrollman    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 225
POSTED: 11/24/09 11:48 AM

Awesome! It will keep me from getting too lazy after the big race. I will go ahead and send my info in via email now.

Thanks Sandy!

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1048
POSTED: 11/24/09 12:02 PM

Tania, December is swim month and after an IM you can ease you way back into training. Good luck in Cozumel.

JoeC's ravatar JoeC    JOINED: 7/10/05    POSTS: 213
POSTED: 11/25/09 11:47 AM

I even plan on swimming for swim month. I know shocking considering the three swims I have done since July have all been races.

siehndel's ravatar siehndel    JOINED: 11/25/05    POSTS: 1061
POSTED: 11/25/09 12:59 PM

Joe, just be careful.

You of all people should be aware of the repetitive motion injuries associated with heavy yardage in the pool. I'm concerned that you might be pushing yourself too hard so be sure to take it easy.

On the other hand, lots of swimming will sculpt your 'ceps so they look like mine. I can see why you would want to swim so much.

JoeC's ravatar JoeC    JOINED: 7/10/05    POSTS: 213
POSTED: 11/25/09 2:29 PM

I have been told that my biceps are a limiting factor in triathlon so maybe this is the answer I have been looking for.

trithis73's ravatar trithis73    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 525
POSTED: 11/26/09 11:57 AM

Watch out Joe, think Travis is calling you out. Travis is currently has the DC Tri Mass Body of Destruction title. I will be logging in as much water time as I can, before take off. Now that my Tat has healed, I am in the water at the Pentagon, so please join me. I will be putting about 3000 meters a swim 3x's a week. I can do early morning and lunch times.

USAT Club Challenge starts Dec 1st! Sign-up now!
POSTED: 11/27/09 1:55 PM

Just a friendly reminder that the USAT NCC starts on Tuesday, December 1st! I will be sending out an email this weekend to those who have already signed-up with information about how to report mileage to me. If you want to participate and help DC Tri Club rock the off-season challenge, sign-up now by emailing DcTriNCC@gmail.com with your name, USAT number (you must be a current member). DOB, and address.

For more information on the challenge:

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria