Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Problem with Garmin Forerunner 305??
CREATED: 06/14/09 by slashykk REPLIES: 1
slashykk    JOINED: 5/31/09    POSTS: 38
Problem with Garmin Forerunner 305??
POSTED: 6/14/09 5:47 PM

I was gifted a Garmin Forerunner 305 (heck yes) a few months ago and am still getting used to using it. I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong, because it keeps coming up a little short, especially on the bike. I did the MS ride last weekend, and was much closer to 55 miles than the supposed 62 on the cue sheet. This weekend I did a half marathon out in Kentucky (which I'm also going to post separately about), and on a bunch of the supposed mile markers the Garmin was behind, and came up around 12.95 instead of 13.1. Does anyone else have this problem?

-Katie

jpanek    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 10
RE: Problem with Garmin Forerunner 305??
POSTED: 6/14/09 8:40 PM

GPS units sometimes come up short because they sample position at discrete intervals, so they cut corners and think you ran the diagonal straight between a point before and a point after a sharp turn. That said, 7 miles out of 62 seems a bit much. That run accuracy was about 1%, not too bad for a consumer item.

I don't have one, but I doubt there is anything you can do wrong to affect the accuracy.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria