Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

AWESOME Marathon and Half Marathon in West Virginia
CREATED: 06/14/09 by slashykk REPLIES:
slashykk    JOINED: 5/31/09    POSTS: 38
AWESOME Marathon and Half Marathon in West Virginia
POSTED: 6/14/09 6:28 PM

I don't know how many people on here are runners in addition to triathletes, but for any runners looking for a race next June, the Hatfield-McCoy Marathon and Half-Marathon is AMAZING!

It's on the Kentucky/West Virginia border, and its by far the best race I've ran. I did the half yesterday, PR'd and won my age group, which is great because its a small race so winning is easy :). The race volunteers are by far the nicest I've encountered, and the landscape is beautiful. It's REALLY hilly, so it's a great workout (I have no idea how I ran a PR yesterday, but I'm pretty siked about it!!). None of the other races I have done I would feel strongly enough to rave about, but this one is really special.

If you are looking for that distance in June next year, I will see you out there. I've done it two years in a row, and I will definitely be back again next year, maybe to attempt the full. This year I took a friend, and she's addicted as well and pledging to go back again.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria