Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Congrats and Thanks
CREATED: 06/14/09 by JoeC REPLIES: 9
JoeC's ravatar JoeC    JOINED: 7/10/05    POSTS: 213
Congrats and Thanks
POSTED: 6/14/09 8:07 PM

Congratulations to all of our new first time half ironmen at Eagleman today and a big thanks to Hugh for bringing the tent as well as all of the volunteers from the club (Hugh, Jason, Sandy, Julia,...I know I am forgetting some.)

We also had some pretty insane times from some of our veterans out there.

Great job all around.

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1060
RE: Congrats and Thanks
POSTED: 6/14/09 9:51 PM

I'll help you out Joe. Thanks also to Katie and Malissa, and NTpers Seth and Robert. Oh, and include Bryan too. He showed up at 5:30am to volunteer for the swim. You all really made a difference out there as 'VOLUNTEERS'; the backbone of sports.

kkaufer's ravatar kkaufer    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 126
POSTED: 6/15/09 9:23 AM

Thank you to all the DC Tri volunteers and supporters at Eagleman. It felt so good to get a boost from the 'home team' over and over again throughout the day. Special thanks to whoever gave me a superloud cheer and high five as I was headed towards the run and to Malissa Z. who I literally ran into at the finish line and who listened to my senseless(?) rambling as I recounted the day's events... Thanks again for everyone for making this a special day.

mdezee    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 9
POSTED: 6/15/09 10:54 AM

Another shot out and thank you to all the volunteers out there, the cheering and support def kept me going!

DSmith's ravatar DSmith    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 27
POSTED: 6/15/09 12:27 PM

I also want to thank the volunteers! You made my first half iron a truly enjoyable experience! Although I wasn't wearing the tri club jersey, so many of you saw my tri club visor and cheered me on! It was also great to see so many club members at the pre-race meetings and out there on the course! Thanks for all of your support!!!

kev7's ravatar kev7    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 459
POSTED: 6/15/09 12:50 PM

Yes, thank you for volunteering and cheering me on! It was great seeing so many people out there,

kmwpro's ravatar kmwpro    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 270
POSTED: 6/15/09 1:16 PM

I'm sure you guys already know this, having been on both sides, but it really truly makes a huge difference having friendly faces along the way, especially during such a long day.

Thank you guys so much for coming out and taking such good care of us.

Julia and Sandy in particular who found me with a few hundred yards to go and made sure I made a strong finish...with a smile on my face!

Not to mention our wonderful club president, who was also subjected to a full day in the sun, and on very little sleep. It was much appreciated by this racer :)

smakane's ravatar smakane    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 50
POSTED: 6/15/09 1:37 PM

Not to sound like a broken record (or maybe I should say wrist)... all of the volunteers at the race yesterday were AMAZING and your support made a huge difference. Also, it was great to hear so mant supportive cheers from fellow club racers... while not exactly how I scripted my first half to go... I competed and finished!

-Shannon

kebeebe    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 38
POSTED: 6/15/09 1:53 PM

It had slipped my oxygen-depleted mind that DCTri was staffing the finish line - so it was a great treat to see so many friendly faces when I arrived there. MALISSA!!!!

Also someone (Joe?) cheered my name at almost exactly the mile 13 marker of the run. Nothing like some get-up-and-go juice with 0.1 miles to go. Thanks!

- Kelzie

bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 977
POSTED: 6/15/09 10:01 PM

Great job to all the racers. I had the pleasure of seeing everyone walk into the water (calling your swim cap to come forward and enter the water [I still don't get how people can miss their wave]). Then I got to see a good portion of the swimmers come out of the water (I even saw the famed vertical swimmer coming out of the water).

And then switching from an orange to a yellow volunteer shirt (yes, volunteers were color sorted), I got to see a great majority of racers coming across the finish line while yelling out "What's your number?" Great place to be. :)

Congrats to all racers.

If any racer/volunteer wants a Eagleman volunteer t-shirt, let me know. I still have 3 mediums left. They're yellow cotton, but they say Eagleman on them. :)

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria