Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Walk This Way!?!
CREATED: 08/16/12 by Luke REPLIES:
Luke's ravatar Luke    JOINED: 11/28/10    POSTS: 329
Walk This Way!?!
POSTED: 8/16/12 11:13 AM

After an early morning 4am womens triathlon watch party, I returned home to continue my quest to watch at least a little bit of every single Olympic sport. No sooner did I turn on NBC's tape-delayed coverage, when what to my wandering eyes did appear, but the Mens 20K RaceWalk! As I sat there on my couch watching a 20-year old from China run (er walk!) away with the gold, I couldn't help but wonder, "How does one get involved in something like this?" (I wondered the same thing when I saw handball and rhythmic gymnastics... but those have absolutely no carryover to the world of triathlon and running). With the pace the winner was on, I believe he would've walked a 1:23 half marathon. Does anyone know how this compares to running times? As in, given the same effort, what running time could we expect him to do? Do they even have organized long distance walking races in the DC area? Seems odd I've never seen or heard of this sport before, given the fact that it's considered under the governing body of track & field.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria