Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

HI training question
CREATED: 02/18/10 by jokel84 REPLIES: 3
jokel84    JOINED: 6/18/09    POSTS: 4
H-I training question
POSTED: 2/18/10 1:15 PM

I am doing my first H-I this May and wanted to know what weekly miles to shot for on the bike.

the last 7 weeks I have been getting mostly trainer/spin rides about 5-6 hrs week, with one long ride, but wanted to see what distance to go for as weather gets better.

siehndel's ravatar siehndel    JOINED: 11/25/05    POSTS: 1060
RE: HI training question
POSTED: 2/18/10 1:38 PM

I'm not an expert but my suggestion would be to build up to a long ride of 60-75 miles. If you are an experienced rider, you can go longer and if weather doesn't help you out and you only end up doing a couple or rides in the 50-60 mile range, you'll also be fine.

Just be sure to stick to those brick workouts so that you're getting up to 20-30 minutes of running after some of your longer rides or trainer workouts.

Are you doing Kinetic in May? I'll be there and am starting to get concerned about my current state of fitness.

Travis

jokel84    JOINED: 6/18/09    POSTS: 4
POSTED: 2/18/10 1:41 PM

thanks!
doing White Lake in NC on May 8

merlinkim's ravatar merlinkim    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 294
POSTED: 2/18/10 2:04 PM

Trifuel.com and trinewbies.com both have half-iron training plans that are free (there are other sites with similar plans out there too). Since cost = $0, they should provide a good reference. (Note - I haven't tried either plan.)

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria