Hope the title got your attention!
The Gear team will be doing two(!!) Spring 2011 orders for DC Tri Champion System clothing. This includes tri, cycling, running, and casual wear.
Check out the offerings here.
1st gear order will close THIS FRIDAY, February 4th at 5PM. Gear ordered through the Shop up to this point (including those orders placed since Nations tri in September) is slated to be back in your hands by the end of March.
2nd gear order will close sometime in late February (likely February 19 at 5PM), and will be back in time for Columbia.
Choose wisely which order you want to be in so that you can have your new/clean gear for those early season races!
Gear in these orders will have a slight update to the "red", so that its less "orange" - based on member feedback.
We are on the waiting list for CS gear samples for sizing purposes, and will let the club know when and where these will be available.
Questions, comments, or concerns? Email Karen.
...just kidding, post to this thread please!
Thanks! I was just emailing Karen about this. There's no chance at a samples check before that first order closes, right? And forgive me, but when is Columbia? I'm not racing until late May so just want to get gear with enough time to train in it a little before then. Thank you!
Samples will not be available prior to the first order, but we are trying our best in working with CS to get them before closing the second order.
Columbia is May 22 this year.
BUMP! Don't forget if you guys are looking for any gear in the short term - we're closing the shop up this FRIDAY at 5PM. This round of gear will be back by late March (trying to get it back prior to the National Half and Full Marathon.)
The second spring order will be placed in March for a return in time for COLUMBIA TRIATHLON.
Questions? Post here and we'll try to help!
Thanks for the reminder. I ordered a new tri top.
One other quick question - are you guys getting more of the sports bras that I hear you had previously as part of the next order options? I'm looking for a good one and heard those got good reviews.
Any modification on the blue for the tri tops so it doesn't look so washed out? Also will there be any available at Conte's again if we don't order anything yet?
Sports bras - YES. Give us a week to get situated and get them back up online. We have those here in stock, so can get those out on a more timely basis.
"We are on the waiting list for CS gear samples for sizing purposes, and will let the club know when and where these will be available."
If you are asking if Conte's will sell the gear then the answer is no.
Has anyone who got a one-piece tri suit last year give feedback on sizing? Thanks.
I had the same question about the one piece tri suit for guys. I take a large in the Hammer Nutrition two piece set up, but don't know who Champion Systems runs. They don't appear to discuss sizing of one piece suits on their website either. Any thoughts?
Are the men's tri tops the same as last year? I remember a thread earlier in the year about them being too short for the taller among us, was curious if extra long would be an option this year, or if a different kind is being offered.
Note: We are trying to get some sizing info for Men and Women Casual Clothing
If you prefer a longer tri top, then I would consider the "Long Distance" style - or go full coverage with a tri suit.
Thanks, didn't realize they had a long distance version, does that come in the DC Triathlon brand? When you click the tri top online in the gear shop they only have the regular kind, not the long distance.
I ordered gear in early December when I renewed my membership, but I've not received it and can't find anyone who can give me a status on the order.
RE: Long Distance Version
Is there a way to order the long distance version? I have a few IMs coming up and the LD kit would be great!
- If you placed an order for Champ Sys gear from July 19 (when the last deadline was) until now then your order will likely be in the first round, and should get to you in March. If you would like to know for sure then please email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we can confirm that.
- We will be adding the "Long Distance" tri tops for Men and Women, and "long" tri shorts to the gear shop. Please bear with us while we try to get these items added. We'll put something here once they are available for order. Please note this is a different cut from the regular tri top. The gear team still makes no promises that this top will cover your entire mid section! =)
- We have also received a sizing sheet for casual clothing and will put up a link to it momentarily.
- "Long Distance" tri tops have now been added to the gear shop.
- Champ Sys now only offers two types of tri shorts:
1) Regular Tri Short which has a length between the old regular short and the old "long" short.
2) "Distance" Tri Short is the same length #1 above, but has pockets for gels, cell phones, courage, or whatever you want to carry on you.
Both are now offered in the gear shop
- We have received the Women's Casual Sizing PDF. If you would like to review it please email email@example.com.
Remember: THE FIRST ORDER CLOSES AT 5PM TODAY!
Super. I ordered some of the regular shorts (along with other items) last night before I knew these would be available. Can I cancel those shorts so I can order the Distance Tri Short?
Also, how is the Distance Tri top different from the tri top offered before?
Thanks for the help, Andy. These look like great additons to the woredrobe.
Gear shop is closed for the weekend for us to compile the order. It will reopen Monday. Our second spring order will go out in March. We'll post information on the forum, the FAQ and in the newsletter.
Sample information will be out as soon as we have a date and location.