Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Eagleman Course Rides
CREATED: 04/09/10 by kmwpro REPLIES: 10
kmwpro's ravatar kmwpro    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 270
Eagleman Course Rides
POSTED: 4/09/10 1:38 PM

We've gotten critical mass offline on 3 dates for Eagleman course group rides. They aren't supported or sponsored by the club, it's just a group of folks heading out to ride. The more the merrier.

Sunday, April 18th
Saturday, May 8
Saturday, May 22

Start location: Great Marsh Park, Cambridge.
Start time: Clip in at 8:00 am (if this changes we'll post.)
Ride: 56 windy miles
Run: Optional
Lunch: Panera

I know the dates won't work for everyone, but there will be some of us riding, if anyone would like to join. There will be a variety of paces.

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1313
RE: Eagleman Course Rides
POSTED: 4/09/10 1:51 PM

Thanks for organizing Karen.

Tuan

Here is a shameless plug for the $5 PeasantMan Triathlon Description

Here is also another shameless plug for the $5 PeasantMan Triathlon Sign Up Link

merlinkim's ravatar merlinkim    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 295
POSTED: 4/09/10 1:54 PM

Great idea! For reference, the club has a Training Duathlon on 4/17, Kinetic Half is 5/8, and Columbia is 5/23. Another option to ride the course is the Six Pillars ride, which is 5/1 (the day before the Columbia Bric-nic (when is that again?)).

kmwpro's ravatar kmwpro    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 270
POSTED: 4/09/10 2:32 PM

All true. That's the beauty of being part of such a large club. There are always plenty of options on any given weekend!

We're also well aware that the 5/8 ride is Mother's Day weekend (it seems to be a tradition.) What better time to call your mom then when you are trapped in the car on Route 50 for 2 hours?

eric guzmanaalv's ravatar eric guzmanaalv    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 140
POSTED: 4/09/10 9:59 PM

In for the rides
Saturday, May 8
Saturday, May 22

Eric

rah2774's ravatar rah2774    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 248
POSTED: 4/12/10 10:51 AM

Good call, Karen... you're right - can't pick a date everyone can make it. Thanks for organizing and taking an advance vote with some of us doing the race.

I think I'm actually gonna give it a try this weekend (my first outdoor ride since long before my paw was operated on). I also posted something on the Endurance Nation sight so we may have a few of those peeps out there joining us.

I'm not sure yet re: the other dates, but hopeful. And for anyone interested, I'm currently planning on a brick the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend (but I haven't actually looked at my HIM training plan yet - won't start that for another week).

ballstoncyclist's ravatar ballstoncyclist    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 495
POSTED: 4/16/10 9:08 AM

I'm 95% in.

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1059
POSTED: 4/16/10 11:43 AM

Looking forward to riding on 5/22. Practically, the only non-event weekend I have until CDA.

suzkinsky's ravatar suzkinsky    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 121
POSTED: 4/16/10 3:49 PM

In for 4/18 plus 6 miles running (or thereabouts, maybe, unless I'm, like, really tired or whiny after the bike). ;)

- Suzanne

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1770
POSTED: 4/16/10 4:00 PM

I'd like to go Sunday, would like ride or would give ride.

courtr26's ravatar courtr26    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 117
POSTED: 4/19/10 8:58 AM

Great job yesterday everyone! It was a tough ride but battling that wind helps make us mentally tough for race day. Thanks for organizing! Hope to see you all again soon. I'll be at 6 Pillars on the 1st for another loop. Anyone else??

Court

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria