Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

Average? $175k/yr income and $22k on tri stuff.
CREATED: 10/25/10 by mchaney REPLIES: 23
vatriathlete    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 682
RE: Average?
POSTED: 10/27/10 6:57 PM

rcole's ravatar rcole    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 50
RE: Average? $175k/yr income and $22k on tri stuff.
POSTED: 10/29/10 11:10 AM

Interesting read in the comment section by Goodman, the man focused in the article: "I agree with many of the comments about this article. I never used the word chic'd and the last quote is not mine."

jameswilson's ravatar jameswilson    JOINED: 4/11/10    POSTS: 92
POSTED: 10/29/10 3:03 PM

Chicked has been used for a while on slowtwitch. But it's not surprising, most of the their posters are alpha male types. I just saw this website linked from there:

http://www.chicked.com/

Looks like they are donating some money from the sale of t-shirts to a womens network.

vatriathlete    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 682
POSTED: 10/29/10 7:17 PM

i'm sorry its not alpha males saying that, its newbies to the sport that say that.

i had never heard that term used by any serious triathlete years ago in the early 2000's. the term is used by newbies that are in the sport for purely ego purposes plain and simple and haven't yet come to the realization that there are people faster than themselves.

i wouldn't say its alpha males per se saying its, its the new breed of newbie triathletes that are picking up the sport in the last fews years since its the "in thing" to now do.

nevertheless, like everyone always says "as long as there are more people in the sport nothing bad can happen".

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria