Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Windy
CREATED: 03/05/12 by pmart15 REPLIES: 3
pmart15's ravatar pmart15    JOINED: 12/14/09    POSTS: 129
Windy
POSTED: 3/05/12 11:53 AM

I rode for a couple hours yesterday. Unfortunately, I hit Hains Point. That wind was ridiculous. On the way into the city on the 14th st bridge the guy in front of me got blown into the wall. He had metal cages on his pedals and they were grinding away until he could get off the wall and regain control. On the bridge the crosswind had to have been 40-50 mph.

Into the wind - 13-15 mph in Z2
With the wind - 20 mph in Z2

Fun stuff. I'm ready for Spring!

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1334
RE: Windy
POSTED: 3/05/12 1:06 PM

On a moonless night many years ago, a young stud, by the name of IMFL, hooked up with a young studdette, by the name of Eagleman, for a little naughty activity that neither can remember years later. What became of it? An illegitimate child by the name of Hains Point.

Wiki it up ... it's all there.

Tuan

vatriathlete    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 682
POSTED: 3/05/12 1:33 PM

eagleman is definitely the stud and the studdette is IMFL.

eagleman was around way longer than IMFL.

jorlie's ravatar jorlie    JOINED: 11/19/10    POSTS: 57
POSTED: 3/05/12 3:31 PM

I just got a back wheelcover in prep for San Juan & tested it out yesterday at HP. I'm surprised at how much stability the cover provides. I didn't even get pushed around with my 65mm upfront with those strong winds & I'm low 140ish. Nice to know those winds were way stronger than anything I'll expect in SJ. I did drive to HP, so I didn't experience the bridge.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria