DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New member moving to DC and looking for a place to live
CREATED: 05/12/11 by bwinterroth REPLIES: 5
bwinterroth's ravatar bwinterroth    JOINED: 5/12/11    POSTS: 66
New member moving to DC and looking for a place to live
POSTED: 5/12/11 7:41 AM

Hi all,

My name is Ben Winterroth, I'm 29, and I am moving from Baltimore down to DC in the next month or so. I've been doing triathlons for the past couple of years and just qualified for Kona at IM St. George last weekend. I'm looking for some training partners and perhaps even a roommate or two. I'm trying to get the lay of the land so if anyone knows of great areas to live in, please drop me a line.

Thanks!

-Ben

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1742
RE: New member moving to DC and looking for a place to live
POSTED: 5/12/11 12:50 PM

Capitol Hill, Clarendon. Check out the club's IM training program. Sounds like you could give a clinic.

carrieacampbell    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 128
POSTED: 5/12/11 9:52 PM

I second Capitol Hill! All the cool kids live there. Where will you be working?

bwinterroth's ravatar bwinterroth    JOINED: 5/12/11    POSTS: 66
POSTED: 5/13/11 9:06 AM

I work in Bethesda at Lockheed Martin. I'm thinking Capitol Hill would be a bit isolated for my commute. Does anyone live along the red line near dupont, woodley, etc and can comment on apartments? Thanks.

tgalbert's ravatar tgalbert    JOINED: 9/30/10    POSTS: 403
POSTED: 5/13/11 9:46 AM

Woodly/Cleveland Parks are nice areas and are near to Rock Creek Park, food, bars, etc. A little pricey, though.

There are some decent places in Rockville (Grosvenor Park) that next to a metro and still affordable. I used to live there and liked it, only a few minutes to Bethesday, on the Red line.

My $0.0125....

carrieacampbell    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 128
POSTED: 5/13/11 10:05 AM

I live on the Hill at Eastern Mkt & work in Bethesda. It's 30 min by metro & an hour 12 mile bike commute. Or about 35 mins by car. I've looked at oozes along the red line, but they can get quite pricey. Columbia Heights is a great neighborhood though.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria