CREATED: 05/12/11 by nomisdc REPLIES: 63
phillybindc's ravatar phillybindc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 18
RE: Club Deep Creek Trip Coordination
POSTED: 5/13/11 7:14 PM

Can't wait!!! When I saw this, I thought to myself "F**K YEAH!!!"

ferguson's ravatar ferguson    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 202
POSTED: 5/16/11 9:14 AM

Hoping to make it again this year. Simon- save me a spot!

mandileissoo's ravatar mandileissoo    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 17
POSTED: 5/16/11 10:40 AM

I'm in, thanks for organizing Simon!

slowtwitchva's ravatar slowtwitchva    JOINED: 2/18/10    POSTS: 207
POSTED: 5/16/11 10:48 AM

Simon,
Can you save me a spot as well? I am in for sure!

chocha's ravatar chocha    JOINED: 1/7/10    POSTS: 21
POSTED: 5/16/11 11:54 AM

IN! (even though I'll have consecutive weekends of Musselman, Rockets Landing... then this!). Hopefully, I won't get lost this year.

gandybt    JOINED: 11/8/09    POSTS: 53
POSTED: 5/16/11 12:51 PM

In!

jbrez's ravatar jbrez    JOINED: 1/30/11    POSTS: 254
POSTED: 5/16/11 12:55 PM

This sounds like a blast. Definitely in.

nomisdc's ravatar nomisdc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 615
POSTED: 5/16/11 10:12 PM

I think we're at 27 or so. If you've posted In but haven't emailed for the spreadsheet, please do so. We have some folks that are just signing up on the spreadsheet, and some that are just posting on the forum. The spreadsheet will be the way we coordinate. Thanks. When we get to around 36 we'll need to start getting hard counts to see if we need to add campsites. Thanks for so much interest already!

POSTED: 5/16/11 10:14 PM

oh and Tuan is that you saying you are In or are you merely decreeing some sort of royal anecdote on American custom? Camping is a time-honored gringo tradition for training our youth on Imperialism skills. Good for invading other countries and stuff.

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1293
POSTED: 5/17/11 7:40 AM

Sorry Simon I'm out.. It's the weekend after Ironman Germany. I'm not a 20 something year old pup anymore. I can't take a nap after an Ironman and be fully recovered 30 minutes later. I can chick some of them out on the course, but those hippies got me in the recovery department.

Tuan

maraw    JOINED: 2/1/11    POSTS: 13
POSTED: 5/31/11 5:36 PM

I'm in!

POSTED: 6/01/11 10:21 AM

A few updates:
Gang right now we're at 37-38 count on the spreadsheet.
With the extension over 36 people, I added campsite #89. Link to campsite diagram is in the original post. That puts some of our folks on a different 'loop', but if you recall they are so close together it's not a factor. Will likely stick some hearty souls there to ward off bears and stuff, and continue to monitor to see if we need more campsites. Running max is updated on original post. It's a soft max as we can add more campsites until they run out. The folks who don't understand that are the ones not reading this anyways, so they'll keep asking if they can join or if it's too late (it's not).
Reminder that the spreadsheet is the official count. Losing track of the posts here and the multiple emails so if you are on the spreadsheet you are accounted for, if you're not, you're not. Just trying to keep track as there is money (campsite fees) involved.
If you're dropping out no worries, just let me know.
Biking speed is for everyone's information to keep an eye out for grouping.
One thing I noticed this year is that people seem to be bringing their own tents (that's the "tent count" column). Does anyone know if these campsites can take 6 tents? Can't seem to remember. If folks want to double up in tents just mention you are with so and so and reduce the tent count to zero in your line.
Thanks

jameswilson's ravatar jameswilson    JOINED: 4/11/10    POSTS: 92
POSTED: 6/01/11 10:28 AM

They can easily do 4 tents. Each camp ground has that graded area for pitching tents. I supposed it depends on the tent size, but I think you could put 6 2 man tents in one of the sites. Last year we had 3 2 man tents and 1 huge tent with room left.

emilyann's ravatar emilyann    JOINED: 5/24/10    POSTS: 16
POSTED: 6/01/11 10:31 AM

I'm in!

POSTED: 6/01/11 10:54 AM

To answer a question: You just need to sign up on the spreadsheet.
Not necessary to post or email (unless you need the link).
Sorry, I removed the portion of the original post that said go ahead and post if you are In. That was misleading. If you want to go ahead and post, similar to our other "in" stuff, it's helpful for others, but not necc. Thanks.

POSTED: 6/02/11 10:52 PM

Thanks for the rush of activity. We're now at 44 people, 43 in campsites. Last year's count was 42.
Added campsite #90. Now at 8 campsites for a running max of 48 people.
Initial campsite assignments are in the spreadsheet, based on your preferences where possible, and it's sorted by campsite. Drumroll...and that's why we use a spreadsheet.
The first person listed for that campsite is the POC (will put the campsite in your name as we approach the weekend). If you know that person next to you smells and want to wheel and deal sites, feel free.

afava's ravatar afava    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 257
POSTED: 6/03/11 10:00 AM

Adding myself to chain.

I'm in! But can't find spreadsheet or email function referenced above. amfava at yahoo

Thanks!

HillOE's ravatar HillOE    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 76
POSTED: 6/03/11 10:13 AM

I'm in too if I still can be added. Loved it last year!

And I emailed you.
Andrea - just click on Simon's name (in red) "send email" will pop up.

JohnGinsberg's ravatar JohnGinsberg    JOINED: 3/29/09    POSTS: 35
POSTED: 6/08/11 12:16 PM

Thank you for making this opportunity available again this year. Looking forward to another great weekend of camaraderie and endurance sport amidst the beauty of Deep Creek Lake and the surrounding mountains. Last year's trip, and the wise advice I got there, gave me the confidence to know I could finish September's awesome and beautiful Savageman Triathlon, about which I cannot say enough good things (http://www.savagemantri.org/).

Andre's ravatar Andre    JOINED: 4/8/11    POSTS: 50
POSTED: 6/14/11 5:16 PM

I'm in. Sent you a DM for the spreadsheet. Thanks for organizing Simon

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3 4   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria