Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Thanks and plug for Infinit
CREATED: 06/15/09 by postie REPLIES: 4
postie    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 46
Thanks and plug for Infinit
POSTED: 6/15/09 10:57 AM

Thanks to everyone who recommended Infinit!

After a lackluster performance at Black Bear two weeks ago, I posted for nutrition advice, and decided to order customized Infinit.

Yesterday, at Eagleman, I ate a larger pre-race breakfast and then only used Infinit on the bike by preparing a 3.5 hr bottle.

I'm pleased to report that I had a great run & great race. I cut 70 minutes off my Black Bear time, 10 minutes off my Timberman '07 time, and PR'd with a 6:20 minute finish!

It definitely gave me confidence that I can finish Louisville in less than 17 hours & I'm grateful for the nutrition advice!

catgold's ravatar catgold    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 87
RE: Thanks and plug for Infinit
POSTED: 6/15/09 12:54 PM

Congrats on your PR!

Question: If you're training for IM, do you train and race half-IMs with the Ironman-distance formula?

kev7's ravatar kev7    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 463
POSTED: 6/15/09 12:55 PM

Agreed. I switched to Infinit two years ago and it works great! I have a hard time eating on the bike and it gives me all the nutrition that I need.

kev7's ravatar kev7    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 463
POSTED: 6/15/09 12:57 PM

I use the Ironman formula for long rides and all my races (sprints to full Ironman).

postie    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 46
POSTED: 6/15/09 1:01 PM

I'm using a customized formula that has about 260 cal/bottle, which tracks with their Ironman formula. For yesterday's race, I made a highly concentrated, 3.5-hr bottle (that's 3.5 scoops of Infinit in a 20 oz bottle). I sipped it, and then drank water throughout the race.

I've heard that some people order different formulas for use in different distances.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria