DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Full Rev vs. IMLOU??
CREATED: 10/08/11 by dixonm REPLIES: 2
dixonm's ravatar dixonm    JOINED: 7/1/09    POSTS: 73
Full Rev vs. IMLOU??
POSTED: 10/08/11 3:06 PM

DC Tri,

I am trying to pick an IM distance race for 2012 so that I can cross this off my list...

Right now, I am debating between IMLOU in August and the Full Rev (by the Rev3 guys) in Ohio in Sept.

My main criterion is that it's driving distance and both races fit the bill there. I am now torn between picking the race that will be cooler temp wise (I really hate racing in oppressive heat), which is clearly the Full Rev which is avg temp of 73 in Sept on Lake Erie...and doing the "official" M-dot race at IMLOU (since thos may well be my one and only 140.6 adventure) but running the risk that the weather will not be as cool as it was this year. The Rev3 race also has the side benefit of being at Cedar Point amusement park in Sandusky, OH, which I know the family would like a lot more than the Louisville Slugger museum...

Thoughts? Opinions from those who've done either of these races?

Thanks,

Matt

zenetanar's ravatar zenetanar    JOINED: 5/13/10    POSTS: 35
RE: Full Rev vs. IMLOU??
POSTED: 10/08/11 10:06 PM

I did the half rev at Cedar Point last year and it was fantastic -- great weather, somewhat scenic bike, and beautiful FLAT run along the lake. My daughter had a blast at Cedar Point while I raced. We are thinking of doing the full next year and that is one of the races we are considering -- I really don't care if it's a licensed Mdot event -- if I do the distance I do the distance. Rev3 is a great company and it was extremely well organized and every person I met that did the full was pretty happy with it. (And they had great swag too!) They also have a pretty generous refund policy. A friend got unexpectedly pregnant a few weeks after we signed up and she was refunded the entire amount for the full (almost $500!)

denaindc's ravatar denaindc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 147
RE: Full Rev vs. IMLOU??
POSTED: 10/10/11 3:54 PM

Sept is aslo IM WI. a little further to drive, but I drove this year.
there are at least 3 IM WI aka IM Moo race reports on the forum if you want to know about about the course. Ave temp is a hi of mid 70s and a low of mid 50s with little to no humidity and wind (one of the main reasons I chose this race)

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria