Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

Duathlon Nationals: Hot as Crap
CREATED: 04/26/09 by ptlori REPLIES: 23
ajulia's ravatar ajulia    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 143
RE: Duathlon Nationals: Hot as Crap
POSTED: 5/01/09 2:03 PM

Update! The roll-down gods at USAT must be smiling :o) I just got the email that I have a slot.

NC road trip?

catgold's ravatar catgold    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 87
POSTED: 5/01/09 2:05 PM

Wow, Julia! How awesome!

Congrats!!!!

When is the race?

ajulia's ravatar ajulia    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 143
POSTED: 5/01/09 2:17 PM

Whoops... false alarm. I'm still a maybe. Ha, just kidding!

DuathlonFreak's ravatar DuathlonFreak    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 64
POSTED: 5/03/09 10:24 PM

Julia - Congrats on qualifying, that's great news!!

And big props to EVERYONE who went down and raced in that heat! It was a sufferfest out there, especially for the later start times.

As your token duathlon purist, I want to thank everyone for supporting our humble, lesser known, and under-appreciated sport last weekend. Selling out the race with over 1000 people racing duathlon was great to see and really helped us keep the support and funding we need from USAT for future national and world championships.

It was great to see the strong club results and to see so many triathletes taking on a duathlon for the first time, I'm only sorry the conditions weren't better for you.

As for me, I wish I could have done dc tri proud in my race, but as some of you know I went down hard with the flu on the Monday before the race and was very nearly a DNS (did not start). I only decided Sunday morning that I had the energy to suit up and toe the line. Sometimes those are the breaks and I'm thankful I was able to finish. It also means I'm freed up without worlds to train for this year, so I might free form it a bit for a while.

Thanks again for everyone's support of duathlon, and the next time one of the triathlon purists makes a comment about "only" racing a duathlon, you can tell them that you're not afraid to run twice;)

Seriously folks, thanks for coming out and supporting duathlon, a lot of people appreciate it!

Train safe and enjoy,

Lawrence

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria