DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

***VOLUNTEER GEAR TESTERS NEEDED***
CREATED: 09/25/12 by abbyjs REPLIES: 12
abbyjs's ravatar abbyjs    JOINED: 4/7/09    POSTS: 699
***VOLUNTEER GEAR TESTERS NEEDED***
POSTED: 9/25/12 7:12 AM

Yo DC Tri!!

As you may have suspected, the Board is investigating new options for racing and training gear (tri tops and bottoms, one-pieces, cycling gear, etc.) for next year. We will soon be issuing an RFP to major manufacturers in an effort to secure the best possible gear at the best price for our members.

We are looking for a Gear Rating Panel to help us evaluate the fit, quality, and value of different options. We are looking for representatives of both genders and all sizes (tallies, shorties, Clydes, Athenas, and elites).

WHAT IS REQUIRED:

You must provide your sizes for all test gear.

You must try on and rate all items based on a rating sheet that will be provided.

You MAY be able to workout in some items.

You must arrange to pickup and return all gear during a specific time frame in October or early November.

You will be responsible for returning gear clean and undamaged--you will take on the responsibility for any damage incurred while the items are in your possession.

YOU WILL RECEIVE:

The Club's and Board's gratitude!
The opportunity to comment on new gear!
A token of our appreciation (possibly a discount on your first order)!

Please contact me directly to volunteer: membership@dctriclub.org. Due to the complexity of this endeavor, we will be limiting the rating panel to 8 athletes from each gender, and the Board will select the panel based on achieving the largest variety of shapes and sizes.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP ON THIS!!!

Cheers,

Abby Sanford
Director of Member Services

RE: ***VOLUNTEER GEAR TESTERS NEEDED***
POSTED: 9/25/12 11:48 AM

Keep those self-nominations coming! :-)

bwinterroth's ravatar bwinterroth    JOINED: 5/12/11    POSTS: 66
POSTED: 9/25/12 3:38 PM

The choice is easy: Kiwami.

Best tri kit hands down!

ellenwex's ravatar ellenwex    JOINED: 11/16/09    POSTS: 66
POSTED: 9/25/12 7:08 PM

I'm happy to help
-Ellen

Madmax62    JOINED: 9/12/12    POSTS: 1
POSTED: 9/26/12 7:18 AM

I'm happy to help as well.

Max

slowtwitchva's ravatar slowtwitchva    JOINED: 2/18/10    POSTS: 207
POSTED: 9/26/12 7:26 AM

I'll help.

W

jxjia's ravatar jxjia    JOINED: 8/13/12    POSTS: 109
POSTED: 9/26/12 8:01 AM

I like to volunteer. I'm fairly short and let's just say a bit "muscular" side. I sometimes dream about myself becoming an elite (= Kona qualifier IMHO), but admittedly I'm squarely mid-of-the-pack guy right now.

-Johnson

siehndel's ravatar siehndel    JOINED: 11/25/05    POSTS: 1061
POSTED: 9/26/12 11:39 AM

I'd help.

POSTED: 9/26/12 8:32 PM

Thank you all for volunteering! I am compiling a list of all those who have volunteered. I will be announcing the panel soon!

Thank you!!

Abby

nelsb7p0's ravatar nelsb7p0    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 424
POSTED: 10/25/12 8:49 AM

Probs to Abby for putting this together and getting all the gear samples. There was 8 or 9 vendors that had sent sample gear.

Don't want to give anything away, but I think it's safe to say that based on what I tried on and heard form others that did, we will definitely a high quality gear vendor next year for the tri and bike kits.

-Brady

POSTED: 10/25/12 11:17 AM

Brady, thanks for reminding me that I needed to post! First, big thank you to everyone who volunteered. The number of people who wanted to participate in this process with a clear indicator to me that we needed to do it.

It has been a big hassle, that's for sure, but I think it will be worth it.

We wrote an RFP, and 10 vendors responded. Nine sent us fit kits. We had nearly 30 people try on and rate all the gear that was sent. We have narrowed it down it 2 vendors.

Ryan and I and some other members of the board will be looking very closely at the proposals that were submitted by these two companies. We are looking to secure a contract with a manufacturer that will provide high-quality gear at a reasonable price and deliver great customer service.

I have spoken with representatives from both of those top two vendors, and they are allowing us to keep the fit kits a little longer so that when we decide, we will have one to use for our first order.

We will be looking to place an order before the end of November for that our club members can have their new kits early in 2013.

If anyone has any questions about the gear, the proposal, or anything else, please ask. This is intended to be a transparent process. Given the complex nature of everything involved in trying to gear and securing the contract it will have to be some decisions made by the Board. I hope everyone understands. We are all so different in what we prefer. The effort is intended to improve uponwthat we have and hopefully increase the number of folks who are pleased. :-)

Thanks,
Abby

rtroll's ravatar rtroll    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 500
POSTED: 10/25/12 12:03 PM

Great work by Abby who poured her sweat and tears into this and all of the gear testers who went above and beyond here to bare it all (yes - pun intended) to give us their opinion!

This is exciting work, onward!

Ryan
President, DC Tri Club

POSTED: 2/01/13 12:11 PM

It's here!

https://www.dctriclub.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=Learn.buzz&id=571

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria