Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Colonial Beach Roll Call
CREATED: 07/08/14 by lwboyer REPLIES: 3
lwboyer's ravatar lwboyer    JOINED: 6/1/12    POSTS: 10
Colonial Beach Roll Call
POSTED: 7/08/14 12:22 PM

Anyone racing Colonial Beach this Sunday? Any comments on the course?

HolliMarie's ravatar HolliMarie    JOINED: 6/21/11    POSTS: 202
RE: Colonial Beach Roll Call
POSTED: 7/08/14 1:14 PM

Well...the swim could potentially be really rough. Last year the tides and chop were not in our favor so they reversed the direction of the swim course. A bouy also seemed to get away, which made the course extra long and I don't really think it helped at all to change the direction.

The bike course is fast! Have fun! There are a few little rollers, and only 1 U-turn ;)

The run course is flat and potentially very fast. It's pretty open and exposed so you could have some major sun/heat and/or wind to deal with. Last year was mighty toasty and I'd be prepared with my own handheld water bottle if I were doing it again in case it really heats up.

Anyways, you'll do great! Have fun!

vkanders    JOINED: 7/4/11    POSTS: 45
POSTED: 7/08/14 2:52 PM

I'll be racing both days down there. Should be a fun time!

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1060
POSTED: 7/08/14 8:09 PM

This will be my fifth time racing it and it's my favorite local triathlon. Easy drive down in the morning. Holli pretty much described the course.

Swim will depend on the conditions that day. Bike is an out and back course. A few uphills on the way out, but fast on the way back. Run is also out and back. Miles 3 & 4 are in the shade, but the rest is in the sun.

Good luck and see you out there on Sunday.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria