Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Garmin Cadence Sensor for Bike Trainer
CREATED: 12/31/09 by spitelin REPLIES: 2
spitelin    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 5
Garmin Cadence Sensor for Bike Trainer
POSTED: 12/31/09 2:17 PM

I've been trying to figure out how to measure the distance I ride on my bike trainer. For Christmas, I got a Garmin Cadence Sensor (http://www.amazon.com/GARMIN-010-10644-00-Speed-Cadence-Sensor/dp/B000BFNOT8) but on the initial ride, about 30 mins, it says i only rode 1.76 miles... doesn't really seem right, since i usually average about 15 mph, even if i'm not coasting at all. Does anyone have experience with this sensor or know how to track miles ridden inside on a bike trainer? Thanks!

rdejonck's ravatar rdejonck    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 84
RE: Garmin Cadence Sensor for Bike Trainer
POSTED: 1/01/10 2:36 PM

I have one and most of the time it works well. Did you calibrate it to your wheel size? You can do it automatically outside based on a GPS signal, or you can manually enter your wheel size. Don't worry, if you do it outside it goes pretty quickly. I don't remember which screen it is to enter your wheel size, but poke around and I'm sure you can find it.

It can also be a pain to get the magnets to line up right.

spitelin    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 5
RE: Garmin Cadence Sensor for Bike Trainer
POSTED: 1/05/10 12:43 PM

Thank you! That plus a wheel size chart I found on the garmin website for the edge 205/305 fixed it!

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria