Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3   Next Page

**Official Rocketts Landing Info**
CREATED: 07/01/11 by abbyjs REPLIES: 44
abbyjs's ravatar abbyjs    JOINED: 4/7/09    POSTS: 699
**Official Rocketts Landing Info**
POSTED: 7/01/11 1:55 PM

OUTSTANDING! WE HAVE 111 ATHLETES REGISTERED FOR ROCKETT'S LANDING!! Let's bring the Mid-Atlantic Club Championship Title back to the club where it belongs!

Hotel:
Hilton Garden Inn Richmond Downtown
501 East Broad Street, Richmond, Virginia, USA 23219
Tel: 1-804-344-4300

**Cut-off date for reservations is July 15, 2011.**
Rate is $99 per room, and options are "queen-queens" or a single king bed. Reservations may be made by calling Hilton Garden Inn’s toll free reservation number: 1-877-782-9444 and requesting "DC Triathlon Club" room block. Reservations may also be made on-line by visiting our personal web page:
http://hiltongardeninn.hilton.com/en/gi/groups/personalized/R/RICDTGI-DC3-20110723/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POG

NOTE: Parking is EXTRA. Carpooling recommended! :)

Pre-Race Dinner:
Saturday, July 23, 2011
6:00 PM

Bottoms Up Pizza
1700 Dock Street
Historic Shockoe Bottom
Richmond, Virginia 23223
(804) 644-4400

Pasta, Pizza (even a gluten-free option!), salad, and soft drinks, tax and tip for less than $20. RSVPs and specific "tickets" available online soon.

**Maximum capacity is 60 people** so reserve your spot as soon as you can!

Go DC Tri!

--Abby

markhakd's ravatar markhakd    JOINED: 10/8/09    POSTS: 223
RE: **Official Rocketts Landing Info**
POSTED: 7/04/11 11:35 PM

The pre-race dinner is now available in the Shop under "Group Events and Pre-Race Dinners". The cost is $20, and you will be able to select regular or gluten-free pizza.

Let us know if you have any questions. Thanks!

Kevin

jameswilson's ravatar jameswilson    JOINED: 4/11/10    POSTS: 92
POSTED: 7/05/11 11:27 AM

Any chance we can do a group packet pickup at dinner? I won't be there before they close at 3pm Saturday. I know we can request special pickup Sunday morning before the race, but had a heard a rumor that the club might have our own packet pickup.

POSTED: 7/05/11 11:35 AM

I've been in contact (to the point of annoyance, I'm sure) with the race directors regarding this issue. I've offered to pick up all the DC Tri packets and bring them to dinner and our hotel, but as of yet, no final decision has been made.

Currently, you can *ONLY* do race day pick up with pre-approval of the race director, and they are only allowing a half hour from 6-6:30 AM for this on Sunday. This would be super stressful for everyone (both athletes and staff), so I'm hoping we can come up with something that will work for everyone.

Hang tight! I hope to have a solution soon.

Please note: bike racking is ON RACE DAY, not the day before.

Cheers,

Abby

POSTED: 7/05/11 11:35 AM

I've been in contact (to the point of annoyance, I'm sure) with the race directors regarding this issue. I've offered to pick up all the DC Tri packets and bring them to dinner and our hotel, but as of yet, no final decision has been made.

Currently, you can *ONLY* do race day pick up with pre-approval of the race director, and they are only allowing a half hour from 6-6:30 AM for this on Sunday. This would be super stressful for everyone (both athletes and staff), so I'm hoping we can come up with something that will work for everyone.

Hang tight! I hope to have a solution soon.

Please note: bike racking is ON RACE DAY, not the day before.

Cheers,

Abby

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1060
POSTED: 7/05/11 12:37 PM

Abby, I contacted the RD about allowing someone else to pick up my packet and she said that USAT rules prohibit anyone to pick up another person's packet. I did request a race day pick up just in case I don't get down there by 3pm (which is very early - I think).

POSTED: 7/05/11 1:43 PM

Thanks, Hugh.

The RD has graciously agreed to keep packet pickup open until **4 PM.**

If you cannot make it by 4 PM, you MUST arrange for race day pickup. Race day pickup will be from 5:30-6:00am only and must be pre-approved by emailing 411@richmondmultisports.com.

Thanks!

Abby

markhakd's ravatar markhakd    JOINED: 10/8/09    POSTS: 223
POSTED: 7/06/11 8:06 PM

If anyone is still looking to register, you can get a discounted entry through me. (Just one person though!)

See this thread for more info:
http://dctriclub.org/forum/messages.cfm?tid=E3BAC356-E7C6-7DED-70E8AA2D32ED2FF0

Thanks,
Kevin

jdruke's ravatar jdruke    JOINED: 9/2/10    POSTS: 64
POSTED: 7/07/11 4:09 PM

Like.

I'm pumped for this race. I just got a room through our block and I'm def in for dinner (plus a friend).

erinhartigan    JOINED: 1/19/11    POSTS: 8
POSTED: 7/07/11 5:31 PM

Is anybody interested in sharing a room at the Hilton? I promise I don't snore.

I'm also happy to offer a ride if anyone needs one.

POSTED: 7/11/11 8:24 AM

Car pool thread here:
http://dctriclub.org/forum/messages.cfm?tid=192705EE-AB6C-416B-D2EEB7C6A7CB7485

**Please note: registration for the hotel closes on JULY 15, and registration for the pre-race dinner closes on JULY 20!!***

Thanks!

Abby

tgrollman's ravatar tgrollman    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 226
POSTED: 7/11/11 2:09 PM

Do we still get points if someone races the Aquathlon? I'm thinking about switching from the Oly, to this, but want to make sure I would still receive points for the club.

Tania.

POSTED: 7/11/11 2:46 PM

Unfortunately, neither the aquabike nor aquathon scores points at regionals (but they do at nationals). Points are only awarded for the Individual Olympic Distance Triathlon.

I don't want to discourage anyone from racing the other events, or make people who are duathletes or aquathletes feel like the aren't part of the team!!

When they call our name for first place, everyone gets to go up to accept the plaque. :)

cfudge1    JOINED: 3/4/09    POSTS: 98
POSTED: 7/12/11 8:50 PM

Anyone interested in sharing rooms or carpooling down for this one? I'm happy to drive. Email me at my username @ gmail.com to coordinate!
Thanks,
Carl

POSTED: 7/13/11 9:43 AM

Hey Carl! There is a carpool thread here:

http://dctriclub.org/forum/messages.cfm?tid=192705EE-AB6C-416B-D2EEB7C6A7CB7485

I think there are 1 or 2 posts already.

Cheers, Abby

chocha's ravatar chocha    JOINED: 1/7/10    POSTS: 21
POSTED: 7/13/11 3:55 PM

I'm looking to share a room and possibly for a ride from S. Arlington... Anyone?

ellove524    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 53
POSTED: 7/14/11 12:00 PM

So I was going to share a room with someone who tried to book yesterday and apparently the discount is no longer available. I thought it was open until tomorrow. Has anyone had the same experience or know what the deal is? Thanks!

POSTED: 7/14/11 12:39 PM

Thanks for posting this. I will follow up. We may have maxed out our room allotment, in which case I will attempt to negotiate for more.

--Abby

POSTED: 7/15/11 10:56 AM

Hey all--

I spoke with our rep at the HGI in Richmond, and he is investigating the room situation. We have 11 (out of 10!) booked, which is why they said the rate was no longer available. As soon as I know if there are additional rooms, I will post again.

Thanks,
Abby

Luke's ravatar Luke    JOINED: 11/28/10    POSTS: 369
POSTED: 7/17/11 3:43 PM

Does anyone have a hotel room that they're looking to split? If so, let me know! I'll be coming into town Saturday afternoon, and leaving early afternoon on Sunday.

-Luke

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria