Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Cyclists hit on MacArthur Blvd on Friday
CREATED: 11/27/11 by jane456 REPLIES: 3
jane456's ravatar jane456    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 69
Cyclists hit on MacArthur Blvd on Friday
POSTED: 11/27/11 4:38 PM

Four cyclists were hit around 11am at the intersection of MacArthur Blvd and Goldboro Rd in Glen Echo on Friday. According to a witness, a FedEx van went through a stop or yield sign without looking. One of the cyclists was seriously injured.

http://www.thewashcycle.com/2011/11/fed-ex-delivery-truck-driver-hits-4-cyclists-on-macarthur-blvd-.html

http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=176546

There doesn't appear to be much info beyond what I posted. I hope it wasn't any of our people. This is a good time to remember to always be cautious, even when you have the right of way. Be careful out there!

Lindsey

jbrez's ravatar jbrez    JOINED: 1/30/11    POSTS: 241
RE: Cyclists hit on MacArthur Blvd on Friday
POSTED: 11/27/11 5:26 PM

Very sad to hear. I hope everyone is ok.

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 686
POSTED: 11/28/11 10:40 AM

I almost got clipped coming out of Haines Point on Saturday when a minivan was turning left into the A parking lot and I was heading North to exit the HP. I screamed "JC" and attracted a bit of attention. I had an inkling to turn around and follow the minivan into the parking lot, but didn't. Third time on my new bike - I would have seriously been upset to say the least - but just glad I didn't get hit.

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 686
POSTED: 11/28/11 10:40 AM

I almost got clipped coming out of Haines Point on Saturday when a minivan was turning left into the A parking lot and I was heading North to exit the HP. I screamed "JC" and attracted a bit of attention. I had an inkling to turn around and follow the minivan into the parking lot, but didn't. Third time on my new bike - I would have seriously been upset to say the least - but just glad I didn't get hit.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria