Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

wide bike shoes
CREATED: 09/05/12 by cbalz85 REPLIES: 3
cbalz85    JOINED: 1/21/12    POSTS: 5
wide bike shoes
POSTED: 9/05/12 10:46 AM

Recent NTP "grad" here-- finally decided I like this thing enough to go ahead and buy some bike shoes. Problem is that I've got injury-prone wide feet, especially from the bottom joint of big toe across to bottom joint of pinky (I think people call this the toe box). Running wise, I deal with both the width and injuries by wearing wide stability shoes + custom orthotics, but so far I haven't found any bike shoes that feel good (I've tried both men and women's shoes).

Any tips? Price is a concern (custom shoes are out), but not THE concern. Thanks guys.

rojojade's ravatar rojojade    JOINED: 1/19/11    POSTS: 346
RE: wide bike shoes
POSTED: 9/05/12 11:31 AM

Unfortunately, you are going to have to hit up online bike shopes and look for "Megas" (I don't know why, but wide bike shooes are called mega). And they are a bit price - like $150-200 range. But I've had pretty good luck with Sidi's though.

jdubon3's ravatar jdubon3    JOINED: 8/11/12    POSTS: 23
POSTED: 9/05/12 2:36 PM

+1 for Sidi's. I also have wide feet so I had to get the mega version. They normally run around 260 i think but I'm pretty sure that they are currently on sale at the performance bike store in rockville. I doubt they have mega because their inventory isn't that great so you'd have to order them online. I was there last week and pretty sure it is down to $200 or so... Revolution Cycles definitely keeps megas in stock so you can head on over there to feel them out and get them cheaper on performancebike.com

They feel great and the toe box has plenty of space. As long as you know your euro size, the mega should be a perfect fit. It's really a great pick up.

cbalz85    JOINED: 1/21/12    POSTS: 5
POSTED: 9/10/12 9:45 AM

Thanks for the advice. Extremesupply.com has a decent selection of Sidi shoes for what looks like the lowest price. I'm excited to get out there with them!

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria