Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Sciatic Nerve - doctor recommendation?
CREATED: 07/18/10 by Jerry593 REPLIES: 2
Jerry593    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1
Sciatic Nerve - doctor recommendation?
POSTED: 7/18/10 7:16 PM

I have had an issue with my sciatic nerve off and on for a few years now, that seems to be getting worse. The pain is just below my right butt and also in my ankle/foot. I have seen PT and Chiropractor with no luck from them. Can anyone recommend a doctor that specializes in sciatic nerve?

Thanks - Jerry

kev7's ravatar kev7    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 457
RE: Sciatic Nerve - doctor recommendation?
POSTED: 7/18/10 7:46 PM

Sorry! Sounds like my problem!!

Dr Pereles in Kensington gets good recommendations. He is a runner and has spoken to MCRRC and DC Tri. I haven't seen him but I am planning to try PT. I got a cortisone shot back in November but the pain returned recently. Just hoping to get through the season.

Good luck!

flora    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 35
RE: Sciatic Nerve - doctor recommendation?
POSTED: 7/19/10 10:08 AM

Jerry, not sure if you are you in VA or DC or how serious the problem is.... I was the same way for years, then eventually herniated a disc. Dr. Tushar Patel was my back surgeon (also did back surgery on my aunt who is herself a physician) and he is wonderful. I recovered very quickly and I'm healthier and stronger now than I was before. I would highly recommend him. He is an orthopaedic surgeon and specialized in the spine, which is critical. His office is in herdon and the number is 703-810-5204.

I also got a 2nd opinion from Dr. Rafael Lopez - orthopaedic surgeon. He practices right next to GW hospital. 202-429-3700. I can't vouch for him because he was not my surgeon, but he is affiliated with GWU hospital and gave me the same assessment as Dr. Patel.

Good luck!!!

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria