Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Arm Warmers Question
CREATED: 02/19/10 by charlie REPLIES: 1
charlie's ravatar charlie    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 61
Arm Warmers Question
POSTED: 2/19/10 4:11 PM

I am the proud new owner of DC Tri club arm warmers (they came in the mail today)! I must say that they look amazing, and I cannot wait to wear them and represent my club. But I do have a question regarding their usefulness:

When is the best time to wear them? I know that sounded silly, and I only ask because there is no fleece lining, and I am questioning their ability to keep my arms "warm" in cold conditions. Perhaps there is an ideal time to wear them, maybe early morning in spring/fall - just for a little extra wind resistance?

FYI - I own a pair of LG arm warmers and they are on point with a fleece lining, so I am aware of what they are capable of. I wear them almost every time I go out running in the cold and they are perfect.

Charlie

siehndel's ravatar siehndel    JOINED: 11/25/05    POSTS: 1051
RE: Arm Warmers Question
POSTED: 2/19/10 4:34 PM

I've got the DC Tri warmers. Assuming they are the same old Hincapie ones I have, you're right they're great for those spring/fall rides where the temperature may be in the upper 30's when you leave but 50's when you get back. Just enough to get you going without freezing.

For me, anything below upper 30's and I'm definitely wearing a long sleeve jersey or jacket.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria