Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

DCTri Does Europe
CREATED: 01/16/12 by dsgrunning REPLIES: 5
dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1270
DCTri Does Europe
POSTED: 1/16/12 8:12 PM

I'm organizing a European trip with an Ironman theme. The cost? ... just whatever hotels, train, airline, food, and etc cost you.

There are currently 7 DCTri folks who have signed up to do this. I'm recruiting more. If you are interested, please post here or drop me an email offline at number55555@yahoo.com. You can come to be a tourist or you can come to compete in a triathlon. We currently have 6 people there to compete and 1 to be a tourist. You can come for part of the trip or for the entire trip. We have folks who are doing part of the itinerary and some who will do the entire itinerary.

Here are the folks confirmed:
Simon H, Saguna H, Ed M, Tuan, Carrie C, Matt A, and Adriana A.

Here is the itinerary:

1. Arrive in Copenhagen, Denmark on Thursday August 9, 2012 and enjoy the city
2. Sunday August 12, 2012 compete in Challenge Copenhagen (Iron distance triathlon not owned by the evil empire)
3. Depart for the place that invented Swedish meatballs ... Stockholm on Monday 8/13
4. Depart Stockholm for Kalmar, Sweden on Thursday 8/16
5. Compete, volunteer, or cheer for the Ironman Sweden athletes on Saturday 8/18
6. Depart for Norway, Finland, or Denmark after IM Sweden for a few days.

A few of us, Simon, Tuan, and Saguna will be signing up for IM Sweden 2013 in Kalmar. Matt and Adriana A are there to compete in the 2012 IM Sweden. Carrie will be there as a tourist and sherpa.

If you want to taste what it is like to do an Ironman without actually doing an Ironman, you can sign up for a relay at Challenge Copenhagen. If you just want a vacation with like minded people, this is your chance.

A few of us will be competing in the PeasantMan War Council Challenge. Simon, Saguna, and Ed are part of a relay team at Challenge Copenhagen . I will be there to do the whole show. There is honor at stake. This will be most epic battle since young Luke Skywalker decided to challenge Darth Vader to fight to the death.

Will the evil empire (Simon, Saguna, Ed) prevail or will the forces of good (Tuan) once again bring balance back to the universe? The ramifications will be great, but the journey will be greater. Come join us!

Tuan

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 686
RE: DCTri Does Europe
POSTED: 1/17/12 12:11 PM

Will this be like Chevy Chase's European Vacation?

I look forward to the reports.

nomisdc's ravatar nomisdc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 611
POSTED: 1/19/12 9:54 AM

Does anyone have experience shipping a bike from Europe back to DC? Wondering how much that costs. Thanks in advance.
Looking forward to the Nordic Excursion. Simon

kajlau's ravatar kajlau    JOINED: 7/10/10    POSTS: 68
POSTED: 1/19/12 1:15 PM

Being from Denmark I have transported my bike in a bikebox back and forth several times... it is about 100 USD each way with SAS, which I believe will be much cheaper than shipping through some service.

I did Copenhagen Challenge last year which was great - sure you will enjoy it!

nomisdc's ravatar nomisdc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 611
POSTED: 1/21/12 5:36 AM

Kaj thanks. Think we're leaning towards bike-boxing it and storage of our bikes after the race at the airport. Simon

hmooney    JOINED: 9/30/09    POSTS: 77
POSTED: 1/24/12 2:26 PM

I would also like to mention IM Zurich Switzerland if any plan to attend/compete. The race is July 15, 2012. I have registered, booked rooms, etc...I have friends attending but I'm not aware of anyone from DC Tri competing. If you're interested let me know. Art

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria