Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Thoughts on starting a race with no intention of finshing?
CREATED: 04/27/09 by rdejonck REPLIES: 4
rdejonck's ravatar rdejonck    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 84
Thoughts on starting a race with no intention of finshing?
POSTED: 4/27/09 5:25 PM

I signed up for Columbia way back when. Since then, the injury gods have not looked on me favorably and I am not able to run right now. Swimming and biking are okay (assuming I don't fall on the bike). Since I am already registered for Columbia, I figure I may as well get some use out of my registration and do the swim and bike legs of the race. Would it be frowned on if I started the race knowing full well that I will pull myself out at T2 and be a DNF? I would think that, at the least, I should tell someone on race day that I'm not finishing the run. Would it be better to e-mail the race director ahead of time?

lisalisadc's ravatar lisalisadc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 423
RE: Thoughts on starting a race with no intention of finshing?
POSTED: 4/27/09 5:43 PM

just do it and turn in your chip to an official after the bike.

vatriathlete    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 682
POSTED: 4/27/09 8:14 PM

you are required to tell an official that youa re dropping out of a race when you actually drop out.

if you don't its grounds for suspension of your USAT emembership and you won't be able to do another triathlon for 1 year.

so go as long as you can but don't forget to tell an official you dropped out.

sportsbrajen's ravatar sportsbrajen    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 41
POSTED: 4/27/09 8:47 PM

I did this last year at Columbia due to knee problems. I wasn't actually able to locate an official around T2, but turned my chip in at the finish with no problems.

michaelrobbins's ravatar michaelrobbins    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 16
POSTED: 4/28/09 9:19 AM

Thanks for the Q&As. I may be right with you, Ryan, depending on how the next week goes. - M

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria