Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

The Nation's Triathlon
CREATED: 06/16/09 by lydeldeb REPLIES: 3
lydeldeb    JOINED: 6/16/09    POSTS: 1
The Nation's Triathlon
POSTED: 6/16/09 11:46 AM

Hi! I'm trying to break into the DC triathlon scene and found the Nation's Triathlon only a little too late online. Does anyone know of a team that might still have a slot open, or some other way to get into this one? Thanks! Hope to meet some of you soon.

Liza Schillo

Link to Nation's Tri: http://www.thenationstriathlon.com/

kkaufer's ravatar kkaufer    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 125
RE: The Nation's Triathlon
POSTED: 6/16/09 3:32 PM

Hi - Can't tell you about extra slots for Nation's Tri, but I'd check out www.setupevents.com - these guys put on the Virginia Tri Series and have several really nice Olys in Aug/Sept within 1-2 hours of DC.

suzkinsky's ravatar suzkinsky    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 121
POSTED: 6/16/09 3:57 PM

I second the Set Up suggestion and note that the General Smallwood tri is back to being held in September in Indianhead, MD - a very short drive from DC. This is a great, great event and I'm bummed that it conflicts with my other September races this year. Set Up Events rocks and I say that even though the Oreo cookies were mysteriously absent from the post-race food at Kinetic this year, grr.

Also check out Piranha Sports (don't have the URL handy, but just Google them) - they specialize in the mid-Atlantic region and put on good races too.

Finally, if you're completely masochistic try the Savageman half or Oly the weekend after Nation's. Both races are still open as of right now.

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1713
POSTED: 6/16/09 10:45 PM

There's always the charity slot option, with some fine organizations:

http://www.thenationstriathlon.com/registration-overview.html

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria