Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Charlottesville Sprint Sunday, June 21
CREATED: 06/16/09 by mckerwin REPLIES: 2
mckerwin    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 9
Charlottesville Sprint Sunday, June 21
POSTED: 6/16/09 1:56 PM

Is anyone else doing the Charlottesville Sprint this Sunday? I'd also love to hear from anyone who's done this race and can give a little advice on a trail run that, according to the race director, can be "a little challenging at times!"

Thanks!
Margan

adilks    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 290
RE: Charlottesville Sprint Sunday, June 21
POSTED: 6/16/09 3:51 PM

I did the Charlottesville Sprint a couple years ago and it is tied for my favorite race (tied with Timberman).
The swim is shorter than most sprints, and the bike is a little longer (it was closer to 19 miles then the stated 16). The bike course is pretty hilly but lots of fun. Make sure you're in your easiest gear in the beginning because there is a steep climb coming out of transistion.
I really really enjoyed the run. Yes, it is a trail run, and single track for a lot of it. Just be careful and keep your eyes a few feet in front of where you're going. There were a lot of short steep climbs and tree roots but you're in the shade the entire time.
Have fun and good luck! Let us know how it goes.

mckerwin    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 9
RE: Charlottesville Sprint Sunday, June 21
POSTED: 6/17/09 10:41 AM

Thanks for the head's up on the trail! I'm looking forward to running in the shade... I'll let you know how it goes!

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria