Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Running Singlet vs Marathon Singlet
CREATED: 09/10/12 by mjraugust REPLIES: 2
mjraugust's ravatar mjraugust    JOINED: 12/15/11    POSTS: 99
Running Singlet vs Marathon Singlet
POSTED: 9/10/12 11:37 AM

I am looking at buying one of the club singlets and I was wondering if anyone knows the difference between the Champion system running singlet and the marathon singlet. The descriptions are the exact same, but the marathon singlet is $7 less. Also if anyone who has bought one can compare sizing to Asics, Nike, or Addidas singlets that would also be very helpful. I usually wear XL for Asics, but L for Nike and Addidas singlets.

-Mark

tgalbert's ravatar tgalbert    JOINED: 9/30/10    POSTS: 403
RE: Running Singlet vs Marathon Singlet
POSTED: 9/10/12 3:20 PM

Mark,

I know the difference. The descriptions for our club gear on the Champion Systems page for us is embarrassing, so I understand your questioning the products.

The marathon singlet is significantly lighter and the back is very "skinny" - unlike the wider back of the regular running singlet.

I have a running singlet from CS (club logo and all), size Large, and it's a touch big for me. I'm about 168 lbs and 5'8", athletic build. I would need a medium to be better suited for racing (I just don't like lots of fluff). I ordered the marathon top for someone else at the same time, so when they came in I got to compare them.

If you go to CS's regular site and look at their running apparel they have some "better" pictures/descriptions of their marathon (apex collection) and running (performance collection) singlets. Basically, the marathon singlet doesn't cover your shoulder blades (cut deeper toward the center of the back and is really light, while the regular running top is cut more like a triathlon top (just looser) and a little heavier.

However, if you wish to try on my size large running singlet, I may be convinced to part with it should you find it fitting. I don't ever wear it since it's too big for me, so it's in perfect condition.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions and I'm happy to answer.

-Trevor

mjraugust's ravatar mjraugust    JOINED: 12/15/11    POSTS: 99
RE: Running Singlet vs Marathon Singlet
POSTED: 9/10/12 7:04 PM

Meeting up and trying one on in person would be awesome, although it sounds like I will need an XL, I am 6'3 215lbs. Some singlets I wear Ls though so if it's convenient to meet up that would be awesome, my cell is 206-612-5613.

-Mark

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria