Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Curl-Burke swim clinic this Sunday
CREATED: 03/24/11 by jgreen93 REPLIES: 5
jgreen93    JOINED: 2/23/11    POSTS: 5
Curl-Burke swim clinic this Sunday
POSTED: 3/24/11 10:13 PM

As described in last week's club newsletter, the Curl-Burke master's swim program offers a great swim, two-session swim clinic starting this Sunday at 6pm at AU. More details can be found here: http://www.cubu-masters.org/content/view/37/1/ (ignore the fact that the dates are wrong). Registration can be done here: https://www.clubassistant.com/club/clinics.cfm?c=1220, and there are still spots available.

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1653
RE: Curl-Burke swim clinic this Sunday
POSTED: 3/27/11 10:58 PM

A number of clubbers were at the first of the two-session clinic. Videotaping and playback/critique of everyone's stroke, and a lengthy lecture on the theory of sound swimming. Coach Beth has coached some nationally ranked swimmers; swim demonstrator Melissa (?) had a flawless technique to study. Kinda chilly in the pool. It seemed, by the end of the two-hour clinic, that the form of a number of the 14 participants had noticeably improved.

jgselim's ravatar jgselim    JOINED: 1/11/11    POSTS: 39
POSTED: 3/28/11 8:09 AM

Excellent clinic! Can't wait till next week. The other instructor's name was Meghan.

I'd recommend this clinic to anyone, including my fellow NTP'ers. Coach Baker gets right in there and identifies the weaknesses of every swimmer from novice to advanced with a great "Let's fix it - it will be easy" approach. And IMO, $125 for 4 solid hours of coaching at that level is a great deal.

bsull184's ravatar bsull184    JOINED: 2/6/10    POSTS: 283
POSTED: 4/03/11 10:24 PM

Thought that was a great clinic. I'd recommend it to anyone who needs some stroke work (unless you a pro, that means you!). I wasn't swimming any better after the first night, but by the end of tonight I had dropped about 5 strokes off my 25 yard swim. I heard a small number of people that weren't 100% happy, but nearly everyone I had a chance to watch looked noticeably better than last weekend.

We'll see how it plays out in the long run, but at the moment it feels like the best money I've spent on anything tri-related.

-Brian

kkaufer's ravatar kkaufer    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 123
POSTED: 4/04/11 11:44 AM

Agree that it was a great clinic and $$ well-spent. Thanks to whoever organized it.

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1653
POSTED: 4/04/11 5:29 PM

Does anyone swim at AU regularly or in another clinic? I left a gray Timex heart monitor wrist watch there--it is at the pool's Lost and Found. If someone could get it while there I'd appreciate it.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria