Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Do you need a wet suit for the Potomac?
CREATED: 05/30/10 by Kathleen REPLIES: 4
Kathleen    JOINED: 5/30/10    POSTS: 1
Do you need a wet suit for the Potomac?
POSTED: 5/30/10 10:32 PM

The DC Tri in June will be my first triathlon and I am wondering if I need a wet suit for the swim. I am a strong swimmer but do not want to be freezing in the water. I am also doing the Nation's triathlon. Do most people wear wet suits in September or has the water warmed up by then?

mcbkrun's ravatar mcbkrun    JOINED: 6/17/09    POSTS: 32
RE: Do you need a wet suit for the Potomac?
POSTED: 5/31/10 12:08 AM

I wore a sleeveless wetsuit at Nation's last year and I'm glad I did. The water was cold, I saw some girl with a two piece and I just didn't understand how she completed the swim part. I was part of one of the early waves and almost everyone wore a wetsuit.

harburgm's ravatar harburgm    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 94
POSTED: 6/03/10 8:55 PM

The water is expected to be in the 70s, a wetsuit is definitely helpful if you are worried about the cold. I also find it helps me to swim faster.

I have a sleeveless small woman's wetsuit to sell if you are interested. It is Neosport brand. Let me know!
Thanks,
Michelle

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 702
POSTED: 6/04/10 9:27 AM

I've never worn a wetsuit for Nations as the water wasn't cold and I loose more time in transition trying to get the darn thing off then saves me in the water.

DC Tri - well it's only June so the water might be a bit colder then Sept.

PotomacTriathlete2009's ravatar PotomacTriathlete2009    JOINED: 9/19/09    POSTS: 528
POSTED: 6/04/10 2:46 PM

I'm glad I wore a wetsuit last Sept. I felt a little cool after the swim, but that's just me. People have different reactions to the same water temperatures.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria