Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New to the DC area
CREATED: 01/17/12 by smaccher REPLIES: 2
smaccher    JOINED: 12/29/11    POSTS: 11
New to the DC area
POSTED: 1/17/12 1:53 PM

HI! I just moved from Baltimore County to DC a week or so ago and am looking to become involved with any running or biking groups. I am completely clueless when it comes to city running and would love to find a partner or a group that could show me the ropes. I am no stranger to triathlons, I am currently an active member of Cambridge Multisport and have done my fair share of races. I am currently training for Ironman Couer D'Alene and I fear running on a treadmill much longer will drive me to insanity. If anyone can help me find a group to join or is interested in being a workout buddy, please email me (Samantha) at smaccher@gmail.com.

Thanks!
Sam

ballstoncyclist's ravatar ballstoncyclist    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 492
RE: New to the DC area
POSTED: 1/17/12 2:11 PM

Hi Sam. Welcome to the area. There is actually a good group from the Club doing CdA this year so finding training partners won't be difficult. For general workouts your best source of information is Workout Schedule Calendar on the left side on the main page.

I would also recommend indicating that you are doing CdA by going to http://www.dctriclub.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=Race.welcome and clicking on the 'Attend' link next to the race name. That way you can easily connect to other doing the same race.

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1739
RE: New to the DC area
POSTED: 1/17/12 2:33 PM

You might check out the club's Sunday morning Rock Creek runs--the folks there are city runner experts. Also the Wed eve track workouts at Wilson high. And if running is your weak link, check out seminar on that tonight at Sports and Spinal Health downtown.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria