Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Is there a club race schedule?
CREATED: 01/01/10 by ndusty REPLIES: 6
ndusty's ravatar ndusty    JOINED: 11/30/09    POSTS: 8
Is there a club race schedule?
POSTED: 1/01/10 10:11 PM

I just moved to the area so this is my first season with the DC Tri Club. Does the club have a series of races that they race each year? or a general Race schedule? I am trying to plan my race calendar for the year and would love to know what everyone is aiming for?

See ya out there!

Natalie

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1786
RE: Is there a club race schedule?
POSTED: 1/01/10 11:16 PM

No fixed schedule; it's up to the individual. Still, among the popular races are the mid-Atlantic club championship (Philly Tri in 2010), the Nation's Tri, Columbia and IronGirl, Eagleman, and the assorted IMs. NTM popular road races like CherryBlossom, the Nation's Marathon, and the EX2 series, swims like Lake McDonnell, and various century and half century rides. But it's really up to you, based on interest, ability, and purse. BTW, the annual club party on Jan. 6 is an excellent venue for finding out what races people are considering.

trithis73's ravatar trithis73    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 525
POSTED: 1/02/10 5:14 PM

Hey where is the Annual Holiday Party being held at??

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1064
POSTED: 1/02/10 7:23 PM

This coming week at McFadden's.

PotomacTriathlete2009's ravatar PotomacTriathlete2009    JOINED: 9/19/09    POSTS: 528
POSTED: 1/03/10 9:31 AM

The 2010 Eagleman HIM in June is already sold out, though there may be some "community" slots open. (You have to pay quite a bit for those.)

The Nation's Triathlon in Sept. should still be open but I wouldn't wait too much longer to register. This race is the only Olympic-distance tri in D.C. that I'm aware of. (There was the ITU pro and amateur tri last year but the ITU isn't coming back in 2010.)

adilks    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 290
POSTED: 1/03/10 3:31 PM

Hey Natalie,

We're hoping to have a huge turnout at the Club Championships. The regional championship is the Olympic distance at the Philly Triathlon on June 27th and the national championship is any distance at the Myrtle Beach Triathlon on October 3rd.

ndusty's ravatar ndusty    JOINED: 11/30/09    POSTS: 8
POSTED: 1/04/10 11:22 PM

Thanks all for the input. I'm doing Mooseman in June and then I'll race the double header at PHilly. I'm lacking a race for July. Any suggestions for that month? And to continue my team spirit, I'll also race the halfmax at Myrtle beach for the chaampionships..

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria