Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Registering for AG Nationals
CREATED: 01/17/12 by abbyjs REPLIES: 5
abbyjs's ravatar abbyjs    JOINED: 4/7/09    POSTS: 699
Registering for AG Nationals
POSTED: 1/17/12 3:49 PM

FYI, I just learned that your USAT membership must be active through August 18, 2012 (the date of the race) in order to register for AG National Championships. If you've raced before you probably knew this. I did not. :)

Thankfully, USAT--like DC Tri--will let you extend your membership for a fill 12 months beyond your current expiration date if you renew early.

So now I'm a member through May 2013!

Registration is open!

--Abby

kst718's ravatar kst718    JOINED: 8/29/11    POSTS: 95
RE: Registering for AG Nationals
POSTED: 1/17/12 5:07 PM

Did we have to be a USAT member when we qualified? I won my AG at a sanctioned event in late August but wasn't a USAT member at the time. (I've since mended my ways.) Do I need to re-qualify or am I good to go?

markhakd's ravatar markhakd    JOINED: 10/8/09    POSTS: 220
POSTED: 1/22/12 8:30 PM

Hmmm... good question. I don't think I've ever seen that addressed in any of the USAT materials I've read. You should ask their National Events department:

nationalevents@usatriathlon.org

ballstoncyclist's ravatar ballstoncyclist    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 491
POSTED: 1/23/12 7:52 AM

My 2 cents. If it was a sanctioned event you had to be a USAT member. You may not had been an annual member, but you had to purchase a day membership to be able to participate in the event.

afava's ravatar afava    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 257
POSTED: 1/23/12 5:07 PM

USAT confirmed that athletes who were one-day members of USA Triathlon at the time of their qualification will still qualify for AG Nationals. You will need to purchase a USAT annual membership and wait a day or two for the registration system to recognize the membership purchase before you will be able to register for AG Nationals.

We are planning to take the tent up and support our DC Tri members in Burlington!

Andrea
Racing & Training, DC Tri Club

abbyjs's ravatar abbyjs    JOINED: 4/7/09    POSTS: 699
POSTED: 1/24/12 1:28 PM

Registered! Let's go to Burlington!

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria