Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Hains Point Ride - Tues PM
CREATED: 04/11/10 by merlinkim REPLIES: 8
merlinkim's ravatar merlinkim    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 295
Hains Point Ride - Tues PM - 4/20
POSTED: 4/11/10 5:17 PM

Hi all, while we're waiting for the Conte's Tuesday night rides to start up later this month, I'll be trying to get some Tuesday evening miles in at Hains Point. Goal is to leave from the Golf Course stop sign @ 6:15, and get some one-mile repeats in (on the river side, it's from the stop sign at the parking lot on the tip to the line at the second round bathroom). Rinse, regroup, repeat.

All paces (including NTP'ers) welcome, since we'll try to regroup on the channel side of the road, but it'll be a drag race on the river side, so I'm not expecting one group to stick together the entire time; it should be a good chance to practice some pack riding skills w/o the super-high speed of the Wed. and Thurs. pm Hains Point crowd.

[edit] FYI, on 4/13, weather forecast is for rain, and due to work ID card issues, I can't ride my bike to the office, so we'll try this on the 20th.

markhakd's ravatar markhakd    JOINED: 10/8/09    POSTS: 222
RE: Hains Point Ride - Tues PM
POSTED: 4/12/10 11:12 PM

This sounds great! Thanks for organizing.

Kevin

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1047
POSTED: 4/13/10 9:09 AM

Please keep us posted on next week. I have a speed/track session that day, but can improvise and run it at HP before hand. Thanks for organizing.

POSTED: 4/18/10 11:01 PM

Are we on for this Tuesday? The weather looks great!

POSTED: 4/18/10 11:51 PM

game on. - I'll be wearing a red jersey, red helmet, gray bike.

POSTED: 4/20/10 8:52 PM

Sorry to miss folks this evening -- got hung up in traffic and didn't make it down to HP until almost 6:30. Hope everyone got a good workout in - nicest evening conditions I've had down there in a long time.

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1742
POSTED: 4/20/10 9:44 PM

Saw Travis, Ron, Courtney out there this eve around 6-6:30.

POSTED: 4/20/10 10:17 PM

I came out and rode for a while, but I went solo... I don't yet know any of the faces. (Or bikes, for that matter!)

Kevin

slowtwitchva's ravatar slowtwitchva    JOINED: 2/18/10    POSTS: 207
POSTED: 4/21/10 10:40 AM

Conditions were amazing last night! Perfect weather and no cars... Not a member of DC Tri yet but met Travis and Chad out there. Anyone know of a good website for different tri specific bike workouts? Looking to spice things up a bit this summer.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria