Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

SWIMMING WITH CONFIDENCE
CREATED: 07/20/10 by SSPT REPLIES: 1
SSPT    JOINED: 5/28/09    POSTS: 82
SWIMMING WITH CONFIDENCE
POSTED: 7/20/10 8:24 AM

This swim clinic has been designed to help triathletes build their swimming confidence by teaching them how to relax in the water, breathe easily, stroke efficiently, and improve their open water swimming skills.

When: July 24 ยท 5:00pm - 6:30pm
Where: The Lab School of Washington, 4759 Reservoir Road, NW, Washington, DC 20007
RSVP: events@ssptdc.com (clinic size is limited so pre-registration is essential)
Fee: $10 pool fee

This clinic will address:
- Buoyancy and body balance
- Breathing techniques
- Freestyle stroke fundamentals
- Triathlete stroke adaptations
- Open water swimming skills
- Open water race tips

Instructor: Sarah Thorpe is a former Australian National Swimming Champion, member of the Australian Swimming Team, and Australian Water polo squad member. She is the President of Sports and Spinal Physical Therapy.

This events is being hosted by DC Tri Club Sponsor Sports and Spinal Physical Therapy. Visit us at www.ssptdc.com and www.facebook.com/ssptdc.

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1312
RE: SWIMMING WITH CONFIDENCE
POSTED: 7/20/10 9:46 AM

It's as if the Gods are playing with my emotions. It's as if they are giving me the finger without actually giving me the finger.

In all seriousness, I've gone to one of these in the past from SSPT and found it to be very beneficial and worthwhile. I think that the weaker you are as a swimmer the more benefits you will get from this clinic. That's not to say that not everyone can benefit ... just that it will help the verticals among us a lot more.

Tuan

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria