Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Po'Man, Cambridge MD, Fri 9.19.14
CREATED: 08/17/14 by mosered REPLIES: 5
mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1795
Po'Man, Cambridge MD, Fri 9.19.14
POSTED: 8/17/14 11:32 AM

Putting this out there for vols & spectators who might want to train on the IM Maryland course the day before the race. And for the poor among us who might want to save $ on a steep race fee.

"Po'Man IronMan", Cambridge, Maryland, Friday, September 19, 2014.

Meeting for a swim, bike, and run brick on the course of IM Maryland.

Select the distances and legs you wish. Up to 2.4 mile swim in the Choptank, 112 mile ride on race course, and 26.2 mile run on the course. Do the distance you want.

I'll set up a "transition area" near the water. And mark out a distance for the swim.

Estimated cost: about $22.13, for goos and discount Gatorade if doing the full course. Extra for po' boy sandwiches.

I'm contemplating doing an IM aquabike - full swim and bike course. Would support a marathon for those doing that.

chris913's ravatar chris913    JOINED: 9/23/10    POSTS: 36
RE: Po'Man, Cambridge MD, Fri 9.19.14
POSTED: 8/21/14 11:35 AM

I might be interested in this...any other responses?

POSTED: 8/21/14 11:56 AM

Three folks have expressed willingness thus far.

jmunchak's ravatar jmunchak    JOINED: 3/24/12    POSTS: 22
POSTED: 8/21/14 9:04 PM

That would be a good time for me to do an IM race rehearsal (full swim/bike + 1 hr run) about 3 weeks out from goal race. I'll be coming off Savageman though, so I will probably decide that week based on how the legs feel/weather/work. For now, count me as "interested" also.

POSTED: 8/28/14 9:51 AM

Po'Man now has a Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/PoMan2014

POSTED: 9/18/14 8:10 AM

Folks,

I have to call off Po’Man, unfortunately. The organizer is an on-call consultant, and he’s just been placed on call thru the weekend, for an emergency work project.

Anyone wishing to work out on the course is of course free to do so. The same is true for anyone wanting to step in and put on the event themselves.

The course maps are on the race website at:
http://www.ironman.com/triathlon/events/americas/ironman/maryland/athletes/course.aspx#axzz3DffNk7kP

And you can get beverages and food at stores nearby, for instance on Rte. 50 after coming over the bridge into town.

The weather should be nice on Friday and to cheer on Saturday.

Maybe this is something we can do next year, with a bigger staff, that is, more than one person, and especially so if the race is on a Sunday.

- E

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria