Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Du Worlds
CREATED: 09/25/09 by siehndel REPLIES: 12
siehndel's ravatar siehndel    JOINED: 11/25/05    POSTS: 1068
Du Worlds
POSTED: 9/25/09 8:37 AM

We have several people heading down to North Carolina this weekend to compete in Du Worlds.

Hillary Cairns
Julia Nagy
Michelle Harburg

... I know there are others. If you know someone else going, let us know.

Good luck!

amcbride    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 40
RE: Du Worlds
POSTED: 9/25/09 11:36 AM

Mike Coffman is there too. His goal is to not be last!

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1332
POSTED: 9/25/09 12:09 PM

Mike Coffman rides at about 30 mph. If he's last then there are a lot of people out there on the juice :)

asovonick's ravatar asovonick    JOINED: 6/3/09    POSTS: 213
POSTED: 9/25/09 2:52 PM

As is Jordan Snyder.

philotri's ravatar philotri    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 253
POSTED: 9/25/09 10:13 PM

Chuck Harney is down here too. And of course me - my role is to make sure that no one else has to come in last.

Also have our race sherpa's Lawrence and Ty down here to make sure that we are well taken care of throughout the weekend.

siehndel's ravatar siehndel    JOINED: 11/25/05    POSTS: 1068
POSTED: 9/28/09 1:29 PM

This weekend's race went really well for DC Tri! At the top of their AGs in an international field, Matias Palavecino and Hilary Cairns took 4th and Julia Nagy took 6th!

We also had standout performances by Chuck Harney, Jordan Snyder, Mike Coffman, Ryan Strohl, Michelle Buckley and Michelle Harburg.

I think I got everyone but definitely post if I missed anyone.

Awesome job to everyone just to qualify but really incredible to have such spectacular results.

In the elite category, Jarrod Shoemaker also kicked it into gear after a bike crash to win in a sprint to the line with a final 5k split of 13:52. Very exciting -- Check it out Here »

ajm27's ravatar ajm27    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 129
POSTED: 9/28/09 3:03 PM

Very impressive everyone! Congratulations on an amazing race and stand up representation!

POSTED: 9/29/09 9:22 AM

Thanks to everyone in DC Tri for your support and congrats to all of the other DC Tri competitors. I didn't get to see everyone during the race but it was great to see a bunch of familiar faces during the run. Also great to hear a cheer as I was getting passed (special thanks to Ryan for that - he was flying!).

I hope to see a lot of DC Tri folks at Duathlon Nationals again next spring - it's in Richmond April 24 and 25. And if you need more incentive to go to Nationals, worlds is in Edinburgh next September.

mmartintri    JOINED: 9/28/09    POSTS: 3
POSTED: 9/29/09 12:44 PM

Hey, You can add a gold in the 55 - 59 yr Mens' as I benefitted from the wet roads being an old bike racer;) William Martin from Gaithersburg MD and part-time DC tri club guy.

POSTED: 9/29/09 8:23 PM

Congratulations! How does it feel to be a world champion?

mmartintri    JOINED: 9/28/09    POSTS: 3
POSTED: 9/30/09 10:00 AM

Thanks,

Well, it's my 6th WC, but maybe the best as I am coming off a 7 year break. It officially marks the end of the comeback, since, I guess I am back.
Mac

hdeheer    JOINED: 5/30/09    POSTS: 3
POSTED: 9/30/09 10:09 PM

Hi guys,

I just wanted to let you know that as a new DC tri club member, I participated in the worlds duathlon as well. I was 12th in the elite race competing for the Netherlands.

greetings

dirk (hendrik) de heer

POSTED: 10/01/09 8:21 AM

Welcome to the club and congratulations! I look forward to seeing you fly by me at training some time.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria